Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for the North east guys but all comments welcome.

Have come up with AONE (alfa owners north east) and thompa has come up with the badge design which is in my sig (A1 road runs through are area)
alfaowner.com could also be put on the bottom subject to Ian saying ok.

So anymore ideas.......... fire away :)

If we get a few then I will start a poll

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I see the point of AONE, but from reading the other thread I think I preferred NEAO because it gives a sensation of speed.

And this is just my 2p, but I think it's much too big and bright for a sig, and it really disrupts the flow of the page. No offence meant, though. :)

edit to say that I think it's fine as a logo, just not as a sig. :)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see the point of AONE, but from reading the other thread I think I preferred NEAO because it gives a sensation of speed.

And this is just my 2p, but I think it's much too big and bright for a sig, and it really disrupts the flow of the page. No offence meant, though. :)

edit to say that I think it's fine as a logo, just not as a sig. :)
Its in the sig so people see it and to promote the meet this weekend

It may well get tweeked abit or another one picked thats what the thread is for :)
Thompa is working on a design for NEAO as well

thanks for your input and yes it is abit bright

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I think AONE is a great name as it can be taken at many different levels:

1. Alfa Owner North East
2. A-One (A1) being the road most commonly associated with the North East
3. A-One meaning 'the best quality' or 'alright'

To be honest I don't like NEAO at all, as it sounds like a convention of Matrix fans :(

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
To be honest I don't like NEAO at all, as it sounds like a convention of Matrix fans :(
Dyslexic ones at that. :p

On topic, I think you might want to check with Ian, I dunno what plans he might have for taking the site to club level where subscription is involved and there may be a chance to have different 'Chapters'. In this way AONE would tie in nicely as the first Chapter.

Just me tuppenceworth.

P.S. don't really like the logo, what is it trying to communicate? Logo's are all about communication and as such a good logotype (which is what that is) should not send crossed messages.

It was not instantly apparent (to me at any rate) that the dual carriageway is a stylised A. To quote a muppet "Say what you see" ;)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Dyslexic ones at that. :p
I was thinking phonetically :p

P.S. don't really like the logo, what is it trying to communicate? Logo's are all about communication and as such a good logotype (which is what that is) should not send crossed messages.

It was not instantly apparent (to me at any rate) that the dual carriageway is a stylised A. To quote a muppet "Say what you see" ;)
I have to disagree - when one immediately see the logo it immediately communicates that it is something to do with motoring...

·
Registered
308 Posts
I dont think you're allowed to use the Alfa logo in that way either, I work with a lot of brand logos and there is always a certain amount of 'clear space' that you have to leave around the logo, and also it should only be used on certain background colours, such as white or the Alfa red you see on their website. And I would guess that you cant (by alfa brand guidelines) use the logo to form an 'O' to make up a word.
Sorry to spoil the fun, im just watching your back in case of future issues. I think it would be best if you could get around using the AR logo in your logo, for example you could use the serpent instead, or maybe a cloverleaf, etc..

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont think you're allowed to use the Alfa logo in that way either, I work with a lot of brand logos and there is always a certain amount of 'clear space' that you have to leave around the logo, and also it should only be used on certain background colours, such as white or the Alfa red you see on their website. And I would guess that you cant (by alfa brand guidelines) use the logo to form an 'O' to make up a word.
Sorry to spoil the fun, im just watching your back in case of future issues. I think it would be best if you could get around using the AR logo in your logo, for example you could use the serpent instead, or maybe a cloverleaf, etc..
Good point and as you said it could be changed if it becomes an issue

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Some good points to consider there :)

As i've said i like AONE as a name for the reasons Gary has listed. Also a logo/acronym/club name needs to be distinct, recognisable and not open to misinterpretation, in my opinion NEAO could be pronounced a couple of ways and I don't understand the relevance behind the name, I assume it would be used as in "New" ?? (explaining this'll help with the logo design) but what happens when it isn't new? And a Matrix link....no ta ;) Or am I missing the point?

Ghostydog said:
don't really like the logo, what is it trying to communicate? Logo's are all about communication and as such a good logotype (which is what that is) should not send crossed messages.
I don't really understand what you're getting at? Could you explain it further? What i've tried to do is combine visual images, an acronym and the club name. Visual is to catch the interest, the acronym is a "to be known as" and the club name explains, obviously web addresses etc can be added ;)

Copyright issues, hmmm yeah fully agree but do you think we'll ever be big enough to hit the radar? As you say though we could use one of the other symbols or act when requested. Good point well made though :D

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Thompatruck1 said:
And a Matrix link....no ta ;) Or am I missing the point?
You're right that AONE is clearer than NEAO, but for my part it was certainly nothing to do with the Matrix, more to do with the noise a small boy might make when he was pretending to be driving a fast car. Which sounds a bit pathetic now that I've written it down. :D

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Copyright issues, hmmm yeah fully agree but do you think we'll ever be big enough to hit the radar? As you say though we could use one of the other symbols or act when requested. Good point well made though :D
To be honest I don't think Alfa are going to object to a group of Alfa Owners using their badge to advertise - surely it will simply enchance their profile...

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I think we should use the name 'North Eastern Alfa Owners' without an acronym.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Acronym will get used anyway....... how many people type Alfa Owners.com ??? most will type AO.

North eastern alfa owners would still be..... NEAO
so we still only have a choice of 2 names so far, I also think AONE sounds more tied in with the AO site.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice one vantastic :D
Cheers, I have put abit of work into this and so have other people and todays meet went quite well, I have had lots of positive feed back today about the name and logo :)

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts
AONEs got my vote. Not that I'm fussed, it just sounds a bit better.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts