Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you especially nice to other Alfa owners?

By which I mean do you let them out of side roads .... avoid tailgating them .... avoid dinging their door in car parks and so on?

Yeah, I suppose I probably do.

Except if they're driving GTA's of course. Then I go out of my way to cut them up and block them in. :D

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
I do all of those things to everyone on the road, regardless of what they're driving.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I sat today.... courteous to a load of cars... letting them pass whilst I technically had right of way.

Old guys.... sail on past....a few younger guys.... sail on past.... women..... same.

Not one person looked, nodded, waved, smiled, lifted a fingertip off the wheel to aknowledge my existence... and the fact that I was puting myself out for them.

Every day is the same...... and it makes me think I should do the same. Makes me think I should just block the road and be a sod.

But then I would be lowering myself to thier level.

My only concern is that more and more people will keep pushing past and I'll never get anywhere. Ah Well!! Save me a fortune in petrol.

EDIT>>> My Mrs keeps asking how I know so many other drivers...... cos I always wave and say thanks. She's the original blonde.

Attachments

R

·
0 Posts
I always give way to the Horses and carts and steam traction engines, there are not many cars in Yeovil

H

·
0 Posts
i never wave to people who stop to let me past if there is loads of room, and they dont know how wide their own car is.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I do all those to everyone, except I don't let out of side roads bmw, merc, audi and golf owners...
And that because I want to see their faces as I pass in front of them and they just keep staring... :D :D :D

T

·
0 Posts
Most of the time I'm couteous to other drivers, but I am extra-nice to fellow Alfa owners. One thing I've found since I got my GT in August is that being grey appears to be a disadvantage w.r.t. other cars noticing you (I almost bought a red one)...

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I try to be courteous to other drivers but I don't like drivers who give up their right of way for no reason other than trying to be 'nice'. This just causes confusion and can even be dangerous. A few years ago Mrs F was waiting to turn right from a side road onto a 4-lane road. A bus driver approaching from the right let Mrs F out while trying to be nice. She checked left and all was clear so she pulled out. She couldn't see the car overtaking the bus and was T-boned. The car was written off but fortunately no one was harmed, but the accident was regarded as her fault. It could easily have been far worse.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
i'm far too nice in general... and its getting me nowhere...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yes but it depends on the traffic.

The thing that winds me up the most is when some berk on an A road stops to let someone out oblivous to the pile up they are causing behind them. Safer to just be rude sometimes

·
Registered
972 Posts
I sat today.... courteous to a load of cars... letting them pass whilst I technically had right of way.

Old guys.... sail on past....a few younger guys.... sail on past.... women..... same.

Not one person looked, nodded, waved, smiled, lifted a fingertip off the wheel to aknowledge my existence... and the fact that I was puting myself out for them.

Every day is the same...... and it makes me think I should do the same. Makes me think I should just block the road and be a sod.

But then I would be lowering myself to thier level.

My only concern is that more and more people will keep pushing past and I'll never get anywhere. Ah Well!! Save me a fortune in petrol.

EDIT>>> My Mrs keeps asking how I know so many other drivers...... cos I always wave and say thanks. She's the original blonde.

I so agree with you. Nothing pisses you off more on the road than being considerate to another driver who then totally ignores your existance. Particularly if they drive a 4x4:mad:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I was taught that the mark of an advanced driver, is to be courteous and to always acknowlege the courtesy of others. But I always am extra nice to anyone driving something a bit special.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts