Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are being told by Boris to be alert, but I’m not clear what we need to be looking for. Does anybody know?

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
I have posted my son to the bushes in the front garden on sentry duty. I'm taking over at midnight. Wife and daughter are keeping a look out from the back bedroom window.

We were going to communicate using bird noises but we can only do chicken noises and next door have them so we're just going to text if we see anything untoward.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
So it’s official: Chris Witty has said most won’t catch it at all even in a pandemic. 80% of the people that will catch it will maybe have to go to bed for a few days and won’t need to go to the doctors. 1% of the people that do catch will need hospitalisation and may even need to be placed in ICU, sadly some may die.

So is it like the flu then?
Was Neil Ferguson’s science wrong?
Have you dropped a bollock and fooled the nation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
We are being told by Boris to be alert, but I’m not clear what we need to be looking for. Does anybody know?
These guys can follow common sense
It’s over ( lockdown )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
45,852 Posts

·
Administrator. ?? ?? Devoid of gorm.
7,610 Posts
Don't think that was really his message. I thnk what he meant was: 'Britain needs lerts!' o_O

·
Vendor
45,852 Posts
It’s so rare that being alert is not necessary?
I'm not sure how being alert will help, but it can't hurt. Feels like they just needed something to replace 'Protect the NHS' and that was the best they could do given limited time and intellect.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My take is that "nanny state" is going to stop barking instructions and let us off the leash a little, putting the due diligence thought process in our own hands. A small transfer of trust.

No need to be alert if we have to stay indoors. Although I did trip over the neighbours cat today who'd snuck in because cats own everyones homes.

I wasn't being disparaging with "nanny state", but that's what they get labelled with when they tell us what to do. BJ was a proxy for scientists and statisticians so I don't mind a smart nanny.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It's simple really staying "alert" means that now you can drive as far as you like to go to any park in England and you can stay as long as you like to excercise, just make sure you don't fall asleep on the park bench.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Stay Home.......Stay Alert.......wonder what the next one will be ?

Come up with a new phrase every few weeks just to confuse the masses......genius !!

Anyone seen Cummings lately ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts