Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm getting almost to the point of being a tart with my car. After parking my car up last winter due to my gearbox dying I'm thinking about doing it again this winter. I'm using the fact its cost me loads this year and I can't cope with another expensive bill now, but really I quite like the idea of tucking it away during the worst of the weather.

So who else is a real tart with their car?

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Can't afford a second car but if i could id tuck the GTA up nice and warm over the winter. Nearly crashing it in the snow last year made me worry too much about it so instead of dicking around in it with snow covered carparks like i did with my previous cars i only use it if i have to. I can drive as carefully as i like but its other people i worry about now, even when its parked up (on the road outside my house) i check it each night before i go to bed. Sad i know but its my pride and joy so i dont care what other people think :) hopefully im not the only 1 who does that :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn't deal with leaving it parked up on a road over night.

I used to have a garage in my old house, and I always used it, but my new house doesn't, and I have to leave it parked on my drive. I have space to put some kind of shed or carport, but not the money.

Anybody have a suggestion for a building of some sort I can put up?

M

·
0 Posts
I'm an utter tart with mine.....although I did take her for a good 50 mile thrash on some great B roads this morning :cool:

.....however, I was cursing the fact that there was still dew on the roads which was spoiling my shiny paintwork.....definately a tart.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Yeah I'm a tart with it never use it in the rain - certainly wont use it if there is salt on the road but can't see the point of a SORN it saves next to no money and if there is a nice dry winter day will certainly take her out for a spin only expect the GTA to do about 1000 miles per year - but when I can I do enjoy her!

Only thing I've done about 300 miles on two trips to see Ned and the team!

E

·
0 Posts
My road doesn't get gritted at all, and I really enjoyed watching pretty much all my neighbours get stuck spinning the wheels and give up.

I went out got in mine as one of the neighbours watched me with anticipation, slowly let the clutch up and let the car back up on tick over helped by the weight of te V6 and gently drove off down the road. Alfas are meant to be driven and I drive so few miles these days a second car isn't an option.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Drive cars in all weather. That is what they were designed for :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Excellent Eddie, Add snow tyres and the GTA is awesome in the snow, no need to keep it locked away during the winter use it to show up those 4*4 drivers they can't drive..My snow tryes are read

G

·
0 Posts
Can't afford a second car for me, we have a Focus estate for the family car but mine has to be available all year. I don't use it much for work (work from home mainly) but my son plays hockey and I have to transport him and his hockey goalie kit around various parts of the south all through the winter. The wife needs her car available at the weekends so the GTA is the hockey transport. So no winter layup for my GTA, nice though that would be......

Cheers,

Nigel

E

·
0 Posts
Excellent Eddie, Add snow tyres and the GTA is awesome in the snow, no need to keep it locked away during the winter use it to show up those 4*4 drivers they can't drive..My snow tryes are read
Too right :thumbs: The only bad thing was the ridge of snow/ice in the centre of the road that formed and was scraping the engine undertray with a not so nice noise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts