Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My recently acquired GTV has grooved disks all round. I thought they looked a bit cheap and chavvy but when I replaced the front pads (removing the bare backing pads of the old ones :eek: ) I noticed the words AutoDelta stamped on the hubs.

The lettering isn't exactly straight and it appears to be 2 words rather than one. Also I've only seen drilled disks on the AutoDelta website not grooved ones...

Could they be genuine or copies trading on the name?

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
Genuine because I can't really see any real advantage to pinching their name. Also just because they're 'Autodelta' it doesn't really mean they're anything special. Probably come from the same blanks as plenty of others out there.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I was just wondering as they just looked a bit cheap and nasty compared to other Autodelta stuff I've seen.

They do look more worn in the pictures than in real life but they are on the list of things to replace.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Standard disks are 22mm aren't they? I assumed these will have been about the same new.

It was pretty close to 22m. OK I was using a set of cheap plastic vernier scale calipers and I did have very cold hands. As I say, they are on the list as I'd feel safer knowing they're new and from a reputable source.

This is a weekend car, it's not getting everything done straight away. I've got to have something to do next month :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts