Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My spider needs alot of paint work doin due too the laqure pealing off on the front bumper and bonnet so may get a cheap front bumper and bonnet :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
My spider needs alot of paint work doin due too the laqure pealing off on the front bumper and bonnet so may get a cheap front bumper and bonnet :)
I would say generally a breaker is gonna want about 300 quid for a bonnet a front bumper (maybe more). And its unlikely they will be solid paint wise and it may have say faded or yours may have faded so it might not match.. Cost to respray front bumper and bonnet should be around 400 quid. they should color match properly. So for me its a no brainer. get it sprayed up properly.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have couple friends who are painters :) ive got a mate looking at it tomo so see what says . Cheers for reply though

·
Registered
280 Posts
We had silver bonnet and bumper replaced with parts from a 'dead' spider, and a replacement boot lid too. Cost for all 3 was similar to what you reckon for a respray of the two front parts.

The colour match is as perfect as you could want.

Laurence at Autolusso Bournemouth sorted it all ealier this year, and did a great job.

One place I spoke to said that the bonnet was hard to get to sit right and that they could fit it but I'd need to take it to a bodyshop to get it aligned. Laurence did it all, it has really rejuvenated the car.

I think there is only one silver on a Spider 916

·
Registered
227 Posts
We had silver bonnet and bumper replaced with parts from a 'dead' spider, and a replacement boot lid too. Cost for all 3 was similar to what you reckon for a respray of the two front parts.

The colour match is as perfect as you could want.

Laurence at Autolusso Bournemouth sorted it all ealier this year, and did a great job.

One place I spoke to said that the bonnet was hard to get to sit right and that they could fit it but I'd need to take it to a bodyshop to get it aligned. Laurence did it all, it has really rejuvenated the car.

I think there is only one silver on a Spider 916
2 or 3 silvers if you incl grey silver

1 - 7 of 7 Posts