Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a guy from Sardinia at a party on Saturday night who recommended Sardis in Darlington.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
The 1 next door to Hogans in Bishop Auckland :)

Gabrielles i think it is called :)

R

·
0 Posts
Depends on how far you want to travel.

Sardis is OK, but not what I'd call traditional.

Hold on...............this should be in the "Way Off Topic" section, surely?

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one next door to Hogans in Bishop Auckland. Gabrielles I think it is called.
I don't do Bishop Auckland anymore.

Carpaccio in Stockton is canny good like.
Our lass has been with her mates a few times and she gives it a similar review.

Hold on... this should be in the "Way Off Topic" section, surely?
It's relative to the north east so therefore it's in the correct lounge.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Francesca's in Jesmond is a really nice italian. Very rustic with a very nice, busy atmosphere. Great food and very reasonable prices too.

Its a bit hidden away just off osborne road but worth looking up and if the owner or waiters see you parking an alfa outside they always mention it when you go in:cool:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Francesca's in Jesmond is a really nice italian. Very rustic with a very nice, busy atmosphere. Great food and very reasonable prices too.

Its a bit hidden away just off osborne road but worth looking up and if the owner or waiters see you parking an alfa outside they always mention it when you go in :cool:
Sounds nice. :thumbs:

·
Registered
41 Posts

Its a bit hidden away just off osborne road but worth looking up and if the owner or waiters see you parking an alfa outside they always mention it when you go in:cool:
Absolutely spot on Francesca's is brill :) , or in Newcastle city centre try "Marco Polo's" or "Pani's" but Pani's does not do Pizza know the family hates supposed Italian , Mamma Mia well established (been there yonks) and starting to be a bit run down is cheap and cheerfull.
Regards (Muad'Dib) Steve Jo>

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Valentino's in Cowbridge, fair trip for you though !! :D

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Forgot to mention 'Little Italy' right on the beach in sunderland is nice too.

Just opposite Morrisons at seaburn :)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone been to the one at Hartlepool Marina? Portofino's I think it's called.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
There are loads of good Italian places in Newcastle. The best is probably Azzuri, bit more expensive than most but you get what you pay for. Pani's is a superb place. Prima do the best pizzas in Newcastle. Just depends on how far you want to travel. :)

Also, not as far to travel the restaurant a few doors down from the Mouse is now Italian, 'Gemelli Bistro' previously 'God's Kitchen'. The owner is a very good friend and his head chef is a very skilled chap indeed.

·
Registered
158 Posts

Yep francesca's is the best in the toon in my opinion, go there at least once a month, best food and atmosphere. Haven't had any comments on my car as i can never get near the front doors for parking :mad:

Note to anyone who hasn't visited before you can't book and should be prepared to queue at busy times, well any time after 6:30 to be honest

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone been to Al Ristorante or Caruso in Stockton?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts