1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Slave cylinder?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
clean egr, clean and grease cable connectors to gearbox, and the link arm that sticks and stops lever self centering, clean out the lower turbo hose, give air filter box a good clean and put a new filter in, clean and grease the lower and upper bush for release bearing arm .......stuff i did last weekend when i did my clutch...........gearbox oil AS to be changed as box as got to be drained

G

·
Bleed all the calipers and change the brake fluid, the clutch cylinders use the same circuits so old brake fluid with contaminants will eventually make its way to your nice, shiny new parts eventually... Prevention is better than the cure. 2.0 Litres is more than enough to flush the entire system.
Starter motor, is it healthy? While it's out drop it off at an auto electricians to get it checked and if needed, a new solenoid fitted.

Put the battery on a long charge while it is out.

Clean up battery cables paying attention to earth cables.

Replace the gearbox earth cable with a heavy duty type, only a couple of quid from a motor factors

Clean up each relay and their connector blocks in front of the battery.

Clean off the gearbox and paint it.;)

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Excellent advice from graham (as usual :))
Re: relays, clean the terminals and a smear of vaseline on them helps too.
Engine earth are a good call too, the ones on my old astra gte fell apart and used the clutch cable as an earth!!! :eek: :)

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
Depends on the age of the car. You're after specific jobs that depend on the clutch being out. To my mind, wishbones don't so aren't top of the list. The ARB is a common failure at this sort of age, and needs the subframe out to be done properly - this would be a decent job to do if they show any sign of wear at all.

Stick a Q2 in? I'm waiting for my clutch to go so I can justify doing this....

Electrical stuff all good and cheap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts