Registered
3,336 Posts
Aspirational? :confused:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Depends what you mean by 'aspirational'

Are there any front wheel drive supercars? - No

Are there any front wheel drive cars I'd love to own? - Absolutely. See logey77's list for start :cool:

·
Super Moderator
44,770 Posts
Well I aspired to a GTA, until I owned one. Now it seems a bit redundant.

Are people not allowed to aspire to own cars which you don't? :confused:

N

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
You're taking the now, right?
OK. Fair point. I wouldn't sell what I've got to own one of those. ;). However if by some happy accident I ever became stinking rich, I'd far rather have a garage full of lots of cheaper 'interesting' cars, than one single willy-waving 'aspirational' supercar. And front wheel drive cars would form part of my collection.

In fact, my first 'aspirational aquisition' would probably be a V6 GTV for a weekend toy. That's defining 'aspirational' as something you can't currently afford! :cheese:

K

·
0 Posts
OK. Fair point. I wouldn't sell what I've got to own one of those. ;). However if by some happy accident I ever became stinking rich, I'd far rather have a garage full of lots of cheaper 'interesting' cars, than one single willy-waving 'aspirational' supercar. And front wheel drive cars would form part of my collection.

In fact, my first 'aspirational aquisition' would probably be a V6 GTV for a weekend toy. That's defining 'aspirational' as something you can't currently afford! :cheese:
Amen to all of that. I feel like a right ***** in a supercar so I'd add the following to my fleet instead:

Olds Toronado
156 V6 (this would be my project stealth GTA in all but looks)
Mini Marcos
Lotus Elan (the FWD one!)

There are lots of brilliant FWD cars and on our clogged up roads whether it's FWD or RWD makes very little different 99% of the time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts