Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Looking at upgrading my front brakes for K-sport 356mm 8 pot system, they do one for the 156 GTA up to 2003, already bounced this off another forum member re: fitting but just want definitive confirmation that if I buy a kit for the Alfa 156 GTA it will fit my 147 GTA that has the 305 Brembo's fitted.

Info on the K-Sport here, i'd go for the t with DS2500s

K-Sport Big Brake Kits for European and Japanese Vehicles

Obviously, at a grand for the kit this would be an expensive purchase to get wrong so just want some clarification.

Alternatively K-Sports UK Distributor has given me some spec sheets to fill in measurements so they can make up a kit at the factory, don't think there will be a price difference just takes longer to get them.

So if they wont fit and someone can help with the measurements that would be awesome too.

Cheers

Sean

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Yes the 156 & 147 GTA 305 Brembos are exactly the same.

They are also the same as the GTV V6

HOLD ON THOUGH....!
Just looked at your link, I think those are upgrades for normal 147 & 156, not GTAs. So they won't fit to a GTA.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the 156 & 147 GTA 305 Brembos are exactly the same.

They are also the same as the GTV V6

HOLD ON THOUGH....!
Just looked at your link, I think those are upgrades for normal 147 & 156, not GTAs. So they won't fit to a GTA.
Aha, but they have a fitment for the Alfa 156 GTA upto the 330 changeover in 2003, they just don't have a part number for it yet as it's only just been developed.

Been given a lead time of 4 weeks from the factory.

:thumbs:

Thanks for the clarification David, just need to get the wife to understand that it's a 'safety enhancement' to 'stop me killing myself' :D

Would I be right in assuming that 156 and 147 GTAs that have the 330s are also the same 330 setup? Might be worthwhile doing the measurements for K-Sport so they can offer a kit, it's awesomely good value.

They also do a 12 pot 380mm Kit and replacement rears (normally 6 pot to pair with the 8 pot fronts)

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Would I be right in assuming that 156 and 147 GTAs that have the 330s are also the same 330 setup?
Yes.
The GT 3.2V6 also used the same 330mm Brembos.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes.
The GT 3.2V6 also used the same 330mm Brembos.
Sorry for being a pain just trying to get to the bottom of what will fit and what wont. Were there any other changes to make the 330s fit?

So would the 356mm KS kit also fit the cars after 2003? i.e. just bolt on?

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts
A question for you David C, if you could check for me:

The part numbers for the bracket that holds the 330mm calipers onto the GTA uprights, there are two part numbers, one for the left hand side, one for the right.. The same parts fit both 147 GTA and 156 GTA?

Cause I'm thinking if this part is the same, it means the uprights your K-sport brackets will bolt onto will be the same.. So the 156 GTA <2003 set-up will fit the car.. I'm pretty sure they will fit because I went into Alexander Alfa Romeo and priced up everything necessary for me to get the 330mm Brembo set-up , and I'm sure the GTA uprights were not specific to either the 147 or 156.

As a side note, GTA uprights, wheel bearings, hubs, the brackets, 330mm calipers, hoses and discs from Alfa all in came to around £1600 , and thats without pads. Makes K-Sport seem like great value.

·
Premium Member
7,522 Posts
Just make sure they fit within your wheelrims... The 330mm set only just fits within the 17" rims....

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just make sure they fit within your wheelrims... The 330mm set only just fits within the 17" rims....
Thanks for the heads up but I have 19" Rims :D

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts
did anyone try or buy the k-sport brake upgrade kit?
Lots of scoobies and Skylines have them, they get a good write-up.

I think GhostyDog is thinking about it, so am I eventually..

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did anyone try or buy the k-sport brake upgrade kit?
It's on my list of things to do mate, a car running their brakes just won the european drift championship so can;t be al bad although not sure how much you need to use your brakes in drfting :lol:

Lots of scoobies and Skylines have them, they get a good write-up.

I think GhostyDog is thinking about it, so am I eventually..
Yup, still on the cards for me too, got to wait until the wife gets over how much I'e spent on the car in the last couple of weeks though. ;)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
des the 356 option fit under alfas 17's or is the max 330's?
Have no idea, as I have 19s it never entered my mind to ask.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts