Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Was wondering about the differences between the p2 and the p1. Main difference I can see visually is the leather seat design. Are the p2 seats a much better design? Does anyone have experience in both, to compare comfort levels?
Sorry for the silly question.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Yes I have both and the PH1 seats are much more comfortable.
PH2 interior is much nicer in terms of dash styling etc. but the PH1 seats are so much better, in that when you go around a bend you don't fall out of 'em :lol: The only PH2 seats of any proper lateral support are the V6 Winter Pack - electric / heated ones have great lateral support and the one's you get in a Cup.

·
Registered
39,115 Posts
I haven't driven a GTV with PH1 seats but I found the PH2 seats awful.

The base is very flat, and there is little on the sides to stop you sliding around, so you feel like you are perched on them rather than sitting in them if that makes sense.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
As above, Ph2 seats look the mutts nuts but Ph1 are a much better seat to sit in.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I find the Momo seats more comfortable as you sit on them and there is more padding.

Ph1 seats are more supportive because you sit in them but don't look as good IMO.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I find the Momo seats more comfortable as you sit on them and there is more padding.

Ph1 seats are more supportive because you sit in them but don't look as good IMO.
I would agree with Andy. I replaced my knackered P1 seats with a nice set of Momo seats (often incorrectly identified as P2 seats) which look gorgeous and are great when you first sit in.

They are not as good for cornering and make my back ache after a while. I don't think they are bent?

·
Registered
39,115 Posts
I am pretty sure it is possible to swap the front seats in a GTV from those out of a Fiat Coupe.

The Coupe had two styles of seats, standard and Recaro depending on the model, both of which are far more comfortable than the PH2 GTV items.

The only issue is that they won't match the rear GTV seats, but as they are so small many people remove them and transform the area into luggage storage anyway

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did an hours drive in my Phase 2 and had back ache all the next day. Seats look good but are uncomfortable. I now stick a cushion in my lower back for longer trips. Sporty !!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I did an hours drive in my Phase 2 and had back ache all the next day. Seats look good but are uncomfortable. I now stick a cushion in my lower back for longer trips. Sporty !!!
Snap!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts