Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls...

I saw a lot of Alfa's today... So was wondering do people drive boring mundane cars during the week and then hop in an Alfa for some fun over the weekend?

Alfa's I saw today:

A white MiTo QV on N1 heading Northbound
A red MiTo 114kw on the R21 heading Northbound
A red GT on the R21 heading Northbound (about 3km after I saw the MiTo)
A lovely golden colour Brera with a stunning looking blond driving it in pretoria's CBD
A red spider (newish one) also in pretoria's CBD
A silver 147 1.6l twin spark on the R21 heading Northbound
A 156 2.0l twin spark also on the R21, this one heading Southbound.

Most Alfa's I have seen in one day for ages...

Anyone on this forum? :confused:

I was the crazy bloke in the Giulietta waving at all of you...

Got waves from the GT, the Red MiTo and the silver 147

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:cheese:

For me too but damn I saw a lot of Cuore Sportivo's today... Wish it was like that every day :cool:

·
Registered
133 Posts
For me too... Alfa all the way! Today I also saw a ehole bunch but all were 156's and 147's. Even saw 2 facelift 147's :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I hope that there are more that that on the road daily! I use mine as a daily now!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope that there are more that that on the road daily! I use mine as a daily now!
Well Alfa probably has a total market share of around 0.7% which implies every 143 car you see on our roads is an Alfa.. So I feel today I hit the jackpot.... Didnt see a Giulietta today :cry:

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Perreby, were you in Sunninghill by any chance on Friday ? accorss from the SIta/Orange building ?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Gotta agree with you, I definitly see morte Alfa's over the weekends. En route to work today was a red 156 GTA, Red Brera (Nearly hit the car in front of me cause I was starring into my rearview!), and a 159 1.9JTS I see quite often in my area with "Alfa Care" stickers. Oh, and a Etna Black Mito 155 (cheating though, cause it's my wifes)

·
Registered
122 Posts
For me its Alfa day in and day out.........I dont have a choice really as I only have one car. But if I had another, it would still choose the alfa everytime! Why? Cause my other car would probably be an Alfa too :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Spotted a few Alfas again today.

Silver 156 on R21 Northbound
A silver GT on the R21 Soutbound
A charcoal GT on the R21 Southbound (about 5 min behind the silver GT on the road)
A red 159 following soon after the charcoal GT
A green 147 on N1 northbound

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
A bad day driving an Alfa is still better than a good day driving anything else :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So true Eric,

Hit the jackpot on the way home..

Black 159 Schoeman street in PTA
White QV Giulietta R21 heading northhbound close to St Georges Hotel
A red 1.4 MA Met Red Giulietta a few minutes behind the white QV
A turqouise type colour 156 GTA. I suspect its a GTA only saw the front and that definitely wasnt the standard front end.. Or this guy added body kits.

Seeing the two Giuliettas within minutes of one another made my day

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Saw a very nice silver GT at the Engen garage on the R21 North

And a white MiTo QV on the R21 South.

Anyone on here?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Almost everyday Alfa day for me...

Didn't drive one today, and also didn't notice any (maybe 'cause I was driving the bakkie didn't look,...)

Last Friday though, saw a red 155, silver 156, white Guilietta, black Mito, All in Edenvale area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Please till me this guy reads this forum,

Last night on my way to Pretoria I drove past a 147 (a lightish green colour, but not the lime colour). It was a 2.0l Twin spark. So the 147 gets in behind me and flashes, I respond by putting on my hazards for a second or two.

He then dropped gear got into the lane next to me and gunned it... He then pulled in front of me. I flashed him and he gave me the hazards. So this time I put the car in Dynamic and floored it, drove past him and got infront of him again. This fun and games continued for a while, we then both got off the N1 at the same offramp.

At the robot the 147 was in front of me, so the occupants in the car turned around and waved. Was two guys and two girls (presumably on their way to have a few drinks in Hatfield close to TUKS).

We drove off as the robot turned green, we both drove slowly as there is a camera with speed restriction of 60km/h where we were. As soon as we went past the camera we both absolutely floored it, he stuck around in 3rd for a while but I then pulled away from him and we soon went our seperate ways.

Thanks for the entertainment... :)

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I showed this thread to someone and he immediatly said "NO, its coz during the week the cars didnt' start" he said it, i Didnt

1 - 20 of 81 Posts