Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the last week or so I have been cut up by 3 Range Rovers who obviously have right away to drive in any lane they wish before deliberately cutting you up to get off/on the exit they need, thus putting mine and everyone elses welfare at risk!!!!!!

Also 2 female Range Rover drivers fighting to control their child wagons out of car parks whilst talking on their mobiles - don't these expensive motors have bloody hands free!!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Seen a lot of bad driving by 4x4s. The other day I saw a Volvo XC90 nearly side-swipe a Clio as she didn't see it before changing lanes.

I believe that it is a result of them feeling invincible in their tanks - to hell with everyone else.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I can drive mine when I have one. Although did once run someone of the road in it. In my defence it was a 3 into two lane bit, and he ran into my rear quarter. ( Therefore not quite my fault.) He thought he would force me to move over, and there was a bus on the other side so I was not moving.

He ripped his front end of and scratched my wheel :(

But agree that many of the 4x4 drivers near me can not drive them and I do not care what you are driving, mobiles should not be used.

I don't really see what excuse 4x4 drivers have for bad driving as visibility is fantastic in them. You can see much further ahead, nice big mirrors so no idea really. Maybe they all have neck problems and can not turn to check blindspots.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Maybe they all have neck problems and can not turn to check blindspots.
They have neck problems, alright... BRASSNECK! :rant:

PS: Not you Crazychick. You're lovely, obviously. :inlove:

S

·
0 Posts
The last 4x4 I drove felt totally isolated from the road, it felt like you were driving a huge lorry, terrible driving experience.

However:

I once drove a Landie 110 off road, fantastic! The torque on those things up hills defies physics!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I have had 3 4x4's now and am considering another rangerover. I did love it and at the time needed one as was going off roading quite a bit ( although I kept getting towed out by battered old landrovers)

I did have my little metro hit by a x5. :( poor thing.

K

·
0 Posts
The last 4x4 I drove felt totally isolated from the road, it felt like you were driving a huge lorry, terrible driving experience.

However:

I once drove a Landie 110 off road, fantastic! The torque on those things up hills defies physics!
I've driven a 110 TD5 on the road a few times and it was fantastic there too. Impossibly narrow power band, massive steering wheel, 3 foot long gear lever, great fun.

You need to be careful with RR drivers, many of them are a little bit gangsta and might bust a cao in your *** for such impudence.

·
Registered
275 Posts
YES-YES-YES
Only a complete PRATT would buy and drive a Land-Rover, When there are very much better alternatives.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Ahhh but the Glory of being made to think you own an estate to drive back to in one of those things by their marketing people...:lol:
I drive a 110 TD5 for work and I think they're great fun.
As said by KB above, "Impossibly narrow power band, massive steering wheel, 3 foot long gear lever, great fun."
I'm usually in 4th or fifth only a few hundred yards from home ...
Once you get used to them they're great fun. As for the what money can buy thing, it depends what you need a 4x4 for:) If its to be used as a proper 4x4 then a LR is one of the best, if its to be used as a status symbol there are many japanese mobile sitting rooms and the Range Rover.
Got cut up by a pearl white RR exiting the motorway yesterday. They just had to overtake a LR with a 7 metre trailer before turning off. I saw it coming and slowed down a bit - not much mind you as I wasn't going to put myself at risk for their stupid driving. I figured that if they were going to cut me up then I'd drive into their quarterback and we'd take it from there...6.5 tons should have done it against a RR me thinks... They only just missed by a very short chalk.
To think about that insurance claim WOW. It would have cost them more than their car to get everything back into one piece.

S

·
0 Posts
I've driven a 110 TD5 on the road a few times and it was fantastic there too. Impossibly narrow power band, massive steering wheel, 3 foot long gear lever, great fun.

You need to be careful with RR drivers, many of them are a little bit gangsta and might bust a cao in your *** for such impudence.
Drug dealers, especially the small "Sport" ones.

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Law of averages maybe??

After all, every other car on the road seems to be a range rover these days.

P

·
0 Posts
Of course some will be. I guess though the bigger the vehicle the bigger the menace.

I've owned 3 4x4s in the past and drove them as carefully as I drive my Spider.

Ahh, see your point :lol:

V

·
0 Posts
has the thread title changed?????

:confused:

i thought it was just rover drivers

i actually like range rovers :eek: apart from the usual 4x4 groans they're alright

if i wanted a 4x4 the range rover would be my choice

1 - 20 of 46 Posts