Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody could tell me if 147 and 156 brake discs and pads are interchangeable? I know the front pads are the same part no on 147 and 156 2 litre models, but i think the rear might be different can someone enlighten me thanks.

·
Registered
30,092 Posts
156 (post late 2001 ish) rear pads are the same as 147
156 (pre 2001 ish) rear discs are the same as normal 147 (251mm)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, i did a track day at Brands in my 156 selespeed yesterday, and wore the front brake pads to metal on the front, i found some nearly new drilled and grooved discs with green stuff pads (front and rear) for sale at £80, from a 147, im not overly bothered about the rear but hope that the fronts fit!! Regards Bruno.

·
Registered
30,092 Posts
The vented fronts are the same discs & pads, so no issues there.

If you have 251mm rears then those discs will fit too.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Thanks for the advice, i did a track day at Brands in my 156 selespeed yesterday, and wore the front brake pads to metal on the front, i found some nearly new drilled and grooved discs with green stuff pads (front and rear) for sale at £80, from a 147, im not overly bothered about the rear but hope that the fronts fit!! Regards Bruno.
save ya money and get cheap discs off Car Parts and Car Accessories - Buy Parts By and pt some ds2500 in or performance friction pads in :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts