Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

ARCSA will be having the annual go-cart challenge in Vereeniging on Sunday 29th May and we would like to invite a AO members team to join us. A Team consists of minimum 6 drives including 1 female driver. Would you guys be interested?

Here the ARCSA notice regarding the event
The annual challenge is coming up again in May. It is proposed that participants meet at the Engen One Stop on the R59 going south by 09:15. The plan is to leave there at 09:30 and travel south towards Vereeniging. At the Boy Louw Off-Ramp we turn left and right at the 1st set of Traffic Lights. The Track is then on our right.

The Drivers briefing will commence at 10:30 and the racing at 11:00. As usual it is a two hour endurance race where each driver will get two 10 minute stints. Please remember that each team of 6 must have at least one female driver, and In order to keep track of which female driver puts up the fastest time, the female driver runs as driver no 2. That way I can work out the quickest female from the lap times as driver changes are easily identified. If there is more than one female in any team, then I need to be advised their drive position for the same purpose.

Prize giving will be around 13:30, assuming we get started on time. Drinks and snacks will also be available from the Bar.

The cost amounts to R1200 per team which translates into R200 per driver for the racing. ARCSA has agreed to pay R50.00, which reduces the fee to R150.00 in respect of each club member and associate member who has renewed their subscription for 2016. This represents a significant saving for members of our club. Please may I ask that each Team Captain collect the money for his team, which should be deposited directly into the ARCSA Bank Account with FNB at Greenstone, the details being: Branch Code ***; Account No ***. Please identify the deposit as Go Kart (Team Name).
Mike for ARCSA Committee

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I will be there, if not driving for Gunther racing as per the last few years, I am happy to be in an AO SA team..... who knows a lady that knows her way around a go-cart ?

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
BUMP - I committed an AO SA team for the day. Anyone else interested to go ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi Eric, if we don't come right on the forum I can probably round up two non-forumers (maybe even a 3rd, as the female contender), if non-Alfa folk are acceptable?

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Non-Alfa would be great, we need one (capable) female driver. I can also get two guys, one of which is pretty good

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
OK, we need 6 per team
1. Eric
2 Mike
3 DriveRSA
4 Drive RSA-guest
5 Drive RSA guest
6 Drive RSA guest girl

If we can organize this its sorted.

Remember, each driver will need to fork out R200 :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eric, I am in another team already...

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
OK.... I can make a plan with that, I have two guys that I can ask, at least one of them will take me up on it

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
We seem to have a team:
1. Eric
2 Francois89
3 DriveRSA
4 Drive RSA-guest
5 Drive RSA guest
6 Drive RSA guest girl

I will pay the team's fees to the Club this week, the cost will be R200 each, so if you could pay me on the day it would be highly appreciated.

Looking for a good name for the team...... any suggestions ?

AlfaOwner SA is a bit boring......

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was thinking along similar lines, perhaps a bit more mainstream (Alfa Corse or Autodelta). But I'm definitely open to something a little more obscure.

Regarding payment, happy to settle with you on the day or by EFT if you'd prefer.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Almost guaranteed Alfa Corse, Squadra Corse, Autodelta etc will be taken

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Excellent day out..... thanks Francois, Miles, Lebo, Nick, Chase & Leo

AO SA came in third, a great result considering our cart ran out of fuel and it took more than three laps to get going again..... we were running a strong second at that stage.

Next year we will go back and have our revenge.....

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yes great pity about the fuel issue, we would have been right on the 1st placed team's tail had that not happened...

Will definitely be back next year for more fun. Thanks for arranging Eric!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Was a ok day out, 5 year running we have attended. We came second for the second year in a row and the year before we won. But to be honest, the venue and condition of the carts was very disappointing, so was the track side support from the venue. They had two guys that gave the members track support in case of a breakdown or spin. Those two guys were hopeless and it didn't help with other team carts breaking down left right and centre, and then the fuel crisis that some teams ran into was also disappointing. It was a hollow second place victory for us. I personally think we should use Zwartkops race track next year as their carts are in a far better condition and they have people there that actually want to work. Our cart broke a rack end on the first lap losing us 3 laps. Vereeniging venue need to get their carts in better condition and hire better track side support, this year was disappointing for us and I am sure for other teams too that had the fuel issues and ill running carts. :depressed:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts