1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we GO!!!!!

The 1st proper Alfa performance day for 2012:
Dyno day @ Dutch Auto Saturday 3 March from 7:00 till about sunset

Jean (the nice guy he is) said he cannot run a dyno day on a Sunday, but he is willing to run a long day for those who really need to do stuff in the morning AND for those early birds he will start early as well...

Taking into account the time it take to drive a car onto the dyno, strap it down, do the run, produce the read-out, undo strapping, drive the car off - AND REPEAT. There are limited spots on the roster... so put in your confirmation with car detail.

We know guys want to run similar cars at similar times of day (that weather has lesser impact on comparison) So we'll see what we can do...

There will be boeries, drinks, regalia and all sorts on sale... The road in front of Dutch is also nice and straight... but I am saying no more... Come and join the day... Bring a chair and some shade if you can...

More info on Dutch Auto: http://www.dutchauto.co.za/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=11

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
And you forgot the price.

R50 bucks gents gets you a run on the dyno

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Count me in, I would love to see what the Diesel barge does with the Powerrail !

P

·
0 Posts
Curious to know what kind of power the GTA makes... But I am away that weekend...

For fun the guys at Dekra when I took the GTA for its roadworthy tested on the Dyno... Made 185kw according to the AA dyno. Not sure how accurate that read out was though...

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
yeah for me to take some cars home

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
i think ill come embarrass myself with the lazy 2.2 a bit :rolleyes:

hopefully the dyno chart can tell me if my cats are blocked or not, a question bouncing around in my mind for quite some time now.....

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Hi all

Space is filling up quickly with this. Admins, Please make this a poll for attendance

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
****y.. lol

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A quick reminder of the day:

So far we have:
3 156 GTA's
3 GT's
3 GTV's
2 156 SW
2 155's
Alfa Sud
Alfetta
Guilieta
And a few "other" cars - that are also welcome

Lets start discussing who wants to meet where to come through together:
From New Road Engen N1 for Midrand / PTA
From Comaro Crossing N12 for JHB South / East

Put in your booking! Its going to be :D

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A quick reminder of the day:

So far we have:
3 156 GTA's
3 GT's
3 GTV's
2 156 SW
2 155's
Alfa Sud
Alfetta
Guilieta
And a few "other" cars - that are also welcome

Lets start discussing who wants to meet where to come through together:
From New Road Engen N1 for Midrand / PTA
From Comaro Crossing N12 for JHB South / East

Put in your booking! Its going to be :D

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Bump. This is filling up really quickly. Reminder as this is a club event it will be R50 for those who present their membership cards. R100 for non members. There is so much to see and do on the day so make sure you all come through even if its just to watch.

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
WHat time do we meet at Blockhouse ?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Thanks Paul it is important that the clubs should support each over.
I will have to confirm with Cuzz (Gerhard) he intended bringing his Sportwagon but things are crazy at the shop at this stage so we might have to work on Saturday.
It’s a real pity that you couldn’t make it last Sunday a lot of us really wanted to see what the GQV do on the ¼ mile.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What time do we meet at Blockhouse ?
As we start early at Dutch - lets make it a bit earlier that the normal 9:00 - how about 8:15 meet to leave 8:30?
Comaro Crossing: 7:40 meet for 7:55 ;) depart towards Blockhouse.
New Road Caltex (direction South) 7:20 meet for 7:35 :D depart towards Blockhouse.

Remember that we are not an organised convoy thus it is everyone's own responsibility to get there safely.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Sorry had family issue

1 - 20 of 68 Posts