Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday the 7th, we will offer our annual Italian track day at the Zwartkop Raceway. The day will be divided into classes according to driver experience and car potential. This is a fun day and time keeping is not strictly allowed. Like other years there will be the normal “on track” safety arrangements like spots for overtaking and No alcohol for drivers. Cars will undergo scrutineering for leaking fluids, indication lights, tyre condition and tightening of equipment like the battery. From our sponsor there will be cars on track with professional drivers. Interested to find out what the new Mito, Guilietta SC or even a Race car is like on track? You can bring your food to the track for a picnic or support the track's restaurant for food and drink.

Registration will start early (just before 9:00) with the track open from 10:00 to 16:00

·
Registered
39 Posts
What's the damage per person for this event? :paperbag:

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ARCOP have decided to keep things straight forward this time around...

R400 per driver (club / non club same price)
R100 per passenger (club / non club same price)
Spectating is FREE and encouraged

You can enter online with EFT payment to save a bit of time on the day and handle less cash / card:
Anniversary Online Form

·
Registered
39 Posts
ARCOP have decided to keep things straight forward this time around...

R400 per driver (club / non club same price)
R100 per passenger (club / non club same price)
Spectating is FREE and encouraged

You can enter online with EFT payment to save a bit of time on the day and handle less cash / card:
Anniversary Online Form
Thanks Gertie...

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
R400:alien:

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will there be a class for racing cars?
I must confirm the exact breakdown of how the groups will be split, but yes, racing cars will be in their own group.

Generally it is:
1) 1st timers and classics
2) 2.0L N/A plus 1.4T and smaller
3) Above 2.0L N/A and 1.4T
4) Racing cars and Fast road

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Time is moving on and the guys at ARCOP were busy behind the scenes. But now the count down is almost starting, with just more than a month to go.

It is time to start registering for the events on the ARCOP website. You will find the "Spit and Polish" the "Trackday", the "Private Motor Museum" and the "Centinary Awards Breakfast" on consecutive days on this long weekend. Anniversary Online Form

Wayne Plit now named his car collection, the Mogul Motor Museum. There are more than a hunderd classic cars and fifty bikes on show. This is a private venue, so please register or you will not be allow into the museum, if you are not on the list for a specific period. Groups of max 30 people will be formed, to allow the personel to give information on a car by car basis. We can try to swop people to get groups of friends together.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
so i can go cat 2 and 3

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Which catagories are you refering to Paul? If you mean you want to run 2 cars, you will get a 1 sticker for your car + your arm band for a catagory.

You can pay for 2

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
NM i read wrong d

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
The weekend is now nearing fast.

Did you register on the website for the events you participate in. Make sure you do, especially for the museum visit. A stampede will not be allowed, if you are not on the list for the time slot you will be showed away. This private venue wants groups of 25-30 people, to be able to add value to the visit. An believe me, it is worth visiting.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The weekend is now nearing fast.

Did you register on the website for the events you participate in. Make sure you do, especially for the museum visit. A stampede will not be allowed, if you are not on the list for the time slot you will be showed away. This private venue wants groups of 25-30 people, to be able to add value to the visit. An believe me, it is worth visiting.
Yup, I agreed, well worth it.

Reactions: corriedw

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
We promised a T-shirt for guys who enter the trackday. But if you do not enter online we will not know who is coming and without quantities it is impossible to order intime. Meaning you get R120 added value in form of a T-shirt if you register online for the trackday

·
Registered
30 Posts
I must confirm the exact breakdown of how the groups will be split, but yes, racing cars will be in their own group.

Generally it is:
1) 1st timers and classics
2) 2.0L N/A plus 1.4T and smaller
3) Above 2.0L N/A and 1.4T
4) Racing cars and Fast road
Registered and good to go! ..1st timer group though..:thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys

I booked and Paid (Cant wait to go on track)
Can non Alfa guys also join?

What should we bring with on the day? ( Excl the Helmets)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Your car :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Guys

I booked and Paid (Cant wait to go on track)
Can non Alfa guys also join?

What should we bring with on the day? ( Excl the Helmets)
Yes as long as your car is Italian, you may take it on the track, otherwise there will be plenty on seats available to shotgun

·
Registered
343 Posts
Unfortunately I have to work the monday and tuesday (deploying a server).

I cleaned the G's interior yesterday and Saturday will be dedicated to a wash and wax.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts