·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Event created from this post:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south-africa/958490-arcop-25th-celebrations.html

ARCOP 25th Celebrations
Dear Alfa Owner,

I extend kind Alfa greetings from ARCOP to you and your club, and trust the letter find you well.

This letter is an invitation for the members of Alfa clubs to join us, when we celebrate the 25th year of the Alfa Romeo Club of Pretoria. We will suggest a list of guest houses to accommodate travellers from afar.

The Alfa Romeo Club of Pretoria was first established in the early seventies but unfortunately did not last very long. In September 1991 a couple of Pretoria Alfisti decided to give it another go and as they say, the rest is history. ARCOP is a social club with a common interest in Alfa Romeo automobiles. For more history see 'About ARCOP' on the website: arcop.co.za

The celebration of our silver anniversary will be held on the long week end of 6, 7 and 8 of August.

On Saturday the 6th, the festivities, will take the form of a 'Spit and Polish' which is a relaxed form of Concourse d'Elegance for cars in common use. There will be 'Type 105', Type 116 and 'Modern' classes. For the competition quality prepared cars, there will be the 'Master Class' which will include all types of Alfa. The venue is the Pioneer Museum, Keuning drive, Silverton/Meyerspark. Entrance fees and more information will be on the website soon. ARCOP will supply the fires for a bring and braai. There is a shopping centre adjacent if you need to acquire supplies.

On Sunday the 7th, we will offer our annual Italian track day at the Zwartkop Raceway. The day will be divided into classes according to driver experience and car potential. This is a fun day and time keeping is not allowed. Like other years there will be the normal “on track” safety arrangements like spots for overtaking and No alcohol before driving. Cars will undergo scrutineering for leaking fluids, indication lights, tyre condition and tightening of equipment like the battery. From our sponsor there will be cars on track with professional drivers. Interested to find out what the new Mito, Guilietta SC or even a Race car is like on track? You can bring your food to the track for a picnic or support the track's restaurant for food and drink. All this info and fees will be on our website arcop.co.za soon.

On Monday the we will suggest sightseeing routes around Gauteng. The idea is to casually form groups of common interest, showing off or enjoying your cars, while enjoying some private collections, some sights or just testing the cuisine.

We will have regalia for sale on Saturday and Sunday. Payment by card or cash is good.

From ARCOP we hope you will be able to join in the week end and have a good time. Keep you Alfa's engines tuned and the tanks full.

If your club did not receive an invitation, please contact me.

Kind Regards,
Corrie de Wilde for ARCOP Exec Committee.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I quite fancy taking three cars along to this event.

Anyone available to drive one of mine there and back? From Hurlingham, near the new picknpay on Nicol. Can park your car safely inside my gate whilst we're there.

Gausie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts