Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Arch liner

3978 Views 29 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  147daytona
I noticed at the weekend that the driver's side front arch liner had ripped from its mounting point. Looks to have been caused by stones because the pain has been chipped off the mount as well. I've seen this is a known issue but my cars out of warranty.

The replacement part is £205. Before I buy the most expensive piece of felt in existence does anyone know if these have been upgraded at all so they won't rip?

Is there an alternative option for replacing or covering it to protect it?
Reactions: paulryan1234
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
300 Posts
I noticed at the weekend that the driver's side front arch liner had ripped from its mounting point. Looks to have been caused by stones because the pain has been chipped off the mount as well. I've seen this is a known issue but my cars out of warranty.

The replacement part is £205. Before I buy the most expensive piece of felt in existence does anyone know if these have been upgraded at all so they won't rip?

Is there an alternative option for replacing or covering it to protect it?
No they have not been updated at all.
I've used a large penny washer painted black behind the mounting clip

Attachments

Reactions: metalgod23

· Registered
300 Posts
Maybe its an idea to stick those, or a shaped piece of black plastic, which I plan to do, on before the liner tears.
For sure. Pointless buying new liners as the same issue will happen in a matter of months. I used the washers as I had them lying around. Your solution sounds easier on the eye :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts