Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Was searching for about 1 hour and kept reading until the page number was on 10.

I recently acquired alfa leather (heated) seats. They come from an English Alfa and is supposed to bolt on a Alfa where driving seats is on the left. Therefor, I firstly changed the seats of the back but with a problem, the seats where you sit on, aren't straight en looks like they are kinda bend. Not a problem at all, a simple re-bending will do the trick. But if you look at the outerside of the seats, u can see a gap between the plastic body part and the seats. How can this be? Do i also need to change that plastic cover?

Than my front seats. What about the heated connector. On both sides i have running 2 cables. The yellow airbag connector and a white cable with 2 pins in it.
The english driving seat that wil go on the passenger place has 3 cables i can't understand. I would say a seatbelt sensor/airbag sensor and heating?
The english passenger seat has 2 cables just like the driving seat has, but i only need to rewire one cable from 3pin to 2pin. I can't find/understand if the heating cable is an extra cable or the power steals from anything else. Also, only attached the airbag connector for now and the light of seatbelt didn't went off.

Someone who can explain? There isn't anything usefull as info regarding the seats.

Vishal

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
All I know is that seats for 3-door and 5-door 147's are not the same. That may explain your rear seat issue, perhaps.

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
For the rear seats, as Halftone says.....if you are fitting 3 dr seats into 5 door, I think that will be the issue.

Front heated seats will have an individual power feed - it may be hidden under the carpet, or it may be that they used a different wiring loom which your car doesn't have.

147s, because of the canbus wiring system, are sensitive to changes of electrical equipment, often requiring a "proxy alignment" to "introduce" a new component to the car.....this may be the problem with your airbag light issue - although with a 147 after I fixed a faulty connector the light went out after a few "power on / power off / power on" operations.

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Would RHD seats work in LHD? My RHD seat has the height adjustment function, where the passenger doesn't.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Are the front seats explicitly 'handed'? Or can runners or subframes be swapped between them to swap the locations?

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Would RHD seats work in LHD? My RHD seat has the height adjustment function, where the passenger doesn't.
Yes you can fit Rhd seats in a Lhd drive and vice versa, Joel from JTD Tuning did just this IIRC so he got a pristine Uk passenger seat to replace his worn drivers seat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, a quick update.

The car does not have the extra cables for the seat heater. So I am going to wire/solder them. Going to find the correct connector for the fusebox and eventually it will look like original. Can't permit to take the car apart for new cables at the moment.

Also, seems like the backseats are almost getting in position. A little pushing and sweet bending did almost the trick. Still a gap now between the backseat and the (ass)seats :p

For the height adjustment I simply replaced the rails and bracket for the driver seat (EU vs UK). I had a problem that for the right seat (passenger here, driver UK), the seatbeltconnector was too wide. I simply replaced that with the old seats and had to turn it (180) clockwise. (leather seats are bigger) The original connector was half broken and didn't look nice.

Went on a trip yesterday and drove 200 km's with a nice feeling. Seems like the car is lowered with original springs :biglaugh:

To answer a few questions. It is a 5-doors set for my 5-dopr alfa, Possible to change the rails. Had to make a hole for the heating button.

Wil try to obtain the stuff this saturday to get the heater working with fuses ofcourse.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts