Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've got a 155 2.0L 16V Sport (1995MY) with nackered bumpers, I fancy replacing them with something a little more unusual than the standard items.
1. Does anyone know if the Silverstone bumpers are FULLY colour-coded (i.e. including the black strip at the top of the Sport bumpers)?
2. Are these still available for purchase from AR or have they decided to stop selling them just for fun?
3. Could I assume that these will fit straight onto my 155?

PS Anyone know if the 1995 155 front wings with the small round side-repeaters can still be ordered or have AR discontinued these in favour of the newer versions?

PPS Is the Silverstone rear spoiler identical to that of an Alfa 33 or is it just an hallucination I've had? Can anyone with an original Silverstone tell me whether they've got a cut-out by the centre support that resembles that required for a rear window wiper?

Thanks,

Taz.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi TAZ

Any bumper you buy new will be in primer so colour code away!
All bumpers should fit unless Alfa moved the mounting points.

I've got the silverstone spoiler and it does have the cut out for the rear wiper. I was origonally told it was the same as the late (series 4???) 33 spoiler but Mangoletsi (where I got mine) said they were slightly different!!!

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Taz, the spoiler on my Silverstone is the same as that on the 33 with the cut out for the rear wiper. Mine is an Alfa original part. As for the bumpers, Wrinx is right, you can colour code the whole thing if you want.

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strange how there are (appear to be) two types of dealer special Silverstone about.. Mine is a UK 93\L with the oval silverstone logo on the boot, but I've seen a few M reg ones about with a different logo - kind of rectangular.

Anyway.. because of this, some of the bumpers have the top bits black (like mine) & some were fully coded

Dontyajustloveit? they must get bored or one spec 1/2 way through production :)

Alex

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was one version not a "Dealer" special made up themselves with the Silverstone bits ???

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as far as I know, there was the loony homologation model with the pylon rear wing.. about 500 made by alfa for homologation only. The only one people with normal money could buy was this 'mkII' (& mkIII? - the only changes appear to be cosmetic paint work) in the UK. Strangely, I've only hear of one type of 'fomula' (european silverstone) on the continent so it must have been a timing thing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marlon,
Just out of curiosity, did your car have the fully colour-coded bumpers or did you do the black strips yourself? If they were fully coded, could you give me your chassis no so that I can check against the parts CD what bumper you've got?

Cheers,

TAZ.

PS I've got a Silverstone spoiler too but I can't tell whether it's an original AR item or whether it came from a less reputable source. Are there any tell tale signs to identify an original?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry Marlon,
One last thing.. I've had a look on the parts CD with regards to the front lip spoiler you've got; they show no bolts or anything for that matter to secure this to the bumper. How is yours fitted?

Cheers,

T.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Taz,
my car was colour coded when I got it (even the mirrors !!!). I'll look up the chassis No. tonight. The splitters are normally held on with self-tapping screws as the front of the bumper is double skinned and it is very difficult to use bolts without removing the whole thing. If you buy the splitter from AO (that's where I got this one as the OE got smashed), you get bolts supplied which I used on the "arms" of the splitter.

Don't know how to tell the rear spoilers apart as the "pattern part" spoilers also have the cut out for the rear wiper on the 33.

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Marlon, Wrinx
I've got a bit of a funny one for you.. on the parts CD when looking at "External Fittings and Finishing" then 70722 "Radiator Grille" you have two different versions of both article no.3 "Moulding" and no.5 "Frame". Now, I am aware of the fact that the Moulding is either chromed or primed ready for colour-coding but can you tell me what is the difference between the two frames? What colour is yours lads?
I guess that Marlon's must be 60506208 (is this red by any chance?) and Wrinx's is 60554789 (is this chrome by any chance?).

The quiery has spawn due to the inability of my local dealer to enlighten me on the difference of the two parts. I believe that mine is either the same as Marlon's or it has been sprayed red sometime prior to me getting hold of the car.

Cheers,

Taz.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi TAZ

Not sure what you mean by two versions? No3 is the chrome shield (colour coded on earlier cars) and No5 looks like a mounting frame to support the chrome shield. I would guess this is black as it won't be seen.

I am guessing as I've never taken it apart, Henry or Mike will be able to help more as they have both changed their shields for the colour coded versions.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't know about the numbers or versions but, the widebody cars have a different front grill from the skinnys. The widebody grill is kinda set back into the car (maybe like two nostrils ???) and the skinny grill is kinda flush with the front of the car.

Check the pics of my car on my site, then check the pics of Jason77's car in the Scottish Meet section. Link at the bottom.

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Marlon

Thought the skinny's had both grilles, if memory serves ok. The 1992/3 cars (possibly later) had the flush ones but later cars had the recessed ones.

The parts TAZ mentions are the Alfa "shield" and a piece the same shape behind it.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK I'll have to agree with the "Alfa Tech God" wink

AO did offer to get me a recessed grill for my car. I have the same grill as Shug, the flush one and we're both skinny cars.
Maybe some people change them as I do think the newer grill looks more aggressive.

Marlon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts