Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just bough a AR147 (black pearl :inlove: ) a week ago, and I am reading forum to answer my questions but still have a few that can't.
So because I have not user manual or other documentation I can't answer all my questions.

The model is 147 1.9 JTD M-JET 140hps '2004
4/5 doors
bose
xenon lights
2 electric windows

1) How to know if I have a factory alarm or not, and is it enabled by default when I lock the car.

2) In the body computer I see a menu SERVICE when it is writen "0 km to service", I wana change this because I go service and my timming belt and oils.

3) How can I reset the "TRIP B", when I get the car it was on ~200km so I wana reset it and use for my needs.

4) Closing windows when locking (... this question have many threats which i read them but even i can't get it clear.)
So, when I unlock the car and hold the button from the key, the doors are opened, but when I locking the car and holding the locking button, they won't closing.
I was reading something about trap sensor also child protection in some countries and so.... Also I read some threats that ppl say that it's possible with learning a car to do it by opening, closing holding some buttons 15 seconds, which methods I try without success. So is there a other way to get this on my car ( i was reading something about multiecuscan, I download the free version and run in at demo mode but I didn't know where to look.)

5) How is the normal working temperature, when I traveling from city to other city, it stay something near to 70-80, is it normal? I get close to 90 just one time when i was driving with ~170-180 km/h

6) When i just get the car, one my friend driving it to test and say that it is beeping something because he was without safe belt, usually am driving with safebelt but wana get this beeping again because currently it won't

I think this is all that i wana get know currently :)

Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi, Welcome to the forum..

1) How to know if I have a factory alarm or not, and is it enabled by default when I lock the car.

>> Yes you will, the lock door button on the dash will flash when in use, (i think it flashes red) once every 2 seconds or so, the car should give one long beep when you lock it with the button on the key. Putting the key into the lock and turning it will locks the doors but not turn on the alarm. Handy for Ferries..

2) In the body computer I see a menu SERVICE when it is writen "0 km to service", I wana change this because I go service and my timming belt and oils.

>> A dealer with Examinier or similar OBD-II software or you can do it yourself with a laptop with Software such as Alfadiag and a modified OBD-II cable, can reset this, there is no "hold two buttons down" on the 147, only the 156 had this option.

3) How can I reset the "TRIP B", when I get the car it was on ~200km so I wana reset it and use for my needs.

>> Select the trip on the end of the wiper stalk, press and hold

4) Closing windows when locking (... this question have many threats which i read them but even i can't get it clear.)
So, when I unlock the car and hold the button from the key, the doors are opened, but when I locking the car and holding the locking button, they won't closing.
I was reading something about trap sensor also child protection in some countries and so.... Also I read some threats that ppl say that it's possible with learning a car to do it by opening, closing holding some buttons 15 seconds, which methods I try without success. So is there a other way to get this on my car ( i was reading something about multiecuscan, I download the free version and run in at demo mode but I didn't know where to look.)

>> Holding the open door button down, will open the windows until you let go. There is no reverse for this. You can not put the windows up, like on some cars.

5) How is the normal working temperature, when I traveling from city to other city, it stay something near to 70-80, is it normal? I get close to 90 just one time when i was driving with ~170-180 km/h

>>Should be dead 90oC, it will drop slightly on a long downhill. Water temperature below this could be a sign of a faulty thermostat. ( that said mine on a motorway cruise will set about 85oC and give me 52mpg over a 660mile tank range.

6) When i just get the car, one my friend driving it to test and say that it is beeping something because he was without safe belt, usually am driving with safebelt but wana get this beeping again because currently it won't

>> Mine only shows a red seatbelt warning, it never beeps, It's italian! you think Italians wear seat belts!?

Hope this helps..

SB

·
Registered
138 Posts
Holding the open door button down, will open the windows until you let go. There is no reverse for this. You can not put the windows up, like on some cars.
My 2002 147 key does both up and down, I read somewhere here that the up feature was disabled from 2003/04 models as it was considered dangerous.

With the beeps, more likely low on fuel, or handbrake slightly on or something like that. Normally a beeping has a reading on the dash as to what it's caused by.

Cheers
TiggerK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys,

Seems that mine model have no alarm, just central locking.

About the service menu I decide to get a elm327 cable to trying do it by myself :) Also think it will help me to enable window upping.

The temperature is really problem, so I will go service, seems the thermostat is not working at all.

And the beeping that i was thinked it's from belts, no it is because that I was playing with the menu and enabling the speed limit to 30km/h by accident :D (this is really awesome function)

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts