Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all friends on the forum..I have few questions about brakes on my alfa..I want to buy one pair 4 pot brembo calipers from Ar spider gtv 3.0 v6 engine..That calipers have 130mm mounting holes,and discs on 305mm...Questions is next:
1. Can i mount that calipers and discs on 305mm on my alfa 147 1.6ts without change something or add brackets?
2. Can i mount discs on 330mm on that calipers on my car?Then for sure need brackets?
3. Is that same brembo calipers what have alfa 156gta,147gta?

Tnx for any answer....Cheers

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
1) No, they won't fit unless you use 156/147GTA uprights
2) No the 330 disc is 32mm thick, the 305 is 28mm thick, the 330 has a different calliper
3) Yes, they are the same calliper as the early brakes on on the GTA

330s would be easier to fit, but you'd need brackets made up to fit them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tnx my friend for ur answer...about 305mm and 330mm discs,this calipers what i think buy from AR spider gtv 3.0 v6,have 305mm discs from factory...U say that discs is 28mm thick,and in that calipers cannot upgrade 330mm discs?Also u say all brembo calipers is same for old and new gta and gtv models,how then i cannot upgrade 330mm discs in brembo calipers where is 305mm from factory when is same calipers?Did AR have two type brembo calipers,for 305mm discs and for 330mm discs?Tnx again...

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
Yes the GTA had 2 types of calliper, first generation GTA had 305 with the GTV 3L V6 brembo, but the discs were warping (bending) so AR replaced them with 330mm discs with a new calliper and bracket for the second generation GTA.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big tnx my friends for answers...Then better is forget to buy this calipers from gtv with 305mm disc and to search new type brembo for 330mm?From what year that new type brembo go in gta models?

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
From what year that new type brembo go in gta models?
Jan 2004, but many earlier had retro-fits under warranty.
Plus all 3.2v6 GT.

Do you really need 330mm discs on a 1.6TS though?

The easiest retro fits onto a std 147/156 are the Alfa MiTo or Fiat Abarth Brembo calipers.
They bolt straight on and use the 305x28mm GTVv6/GTA discs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@David C
Tnx mate for replay,i thinking to add turbo charger on my 1.6 later,but first want to solve brakes..I dont no what to choise,330mm sounds good,and our friend here say 305mm have problems with warping...What u think,what u do on my place?I can buy that brembo calipers for 305mm from gtvv6 same moment,that no problem..I add now some pictures in members gallery from my alfa,u can look there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts