Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, it is my first post in your forum and starts with a question!!!

I am trying to install a new car alarm and I cannot find a way to pass the cables from the battery to the alarm. The main system of the alarm I want to place it under the cdplayer. The manufacturer insists of taking power and ground directly from the battery, also I have to connect the siren (which is placed under the engine hood) to the alarm.

The problem is that I cannot find the rubber caps?

Can you help me find them? I know I have to remove something from the engine compartment to have access but I don't know exactly.

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Assuming the same rubber grommet locations exist in the Boxer bulkhead as they do in the Twin Spark bulkhead then have a look at the following post which is a guide to running a stereo power cable from the engine bay into the car through the bulkhead. You can use the same route for your alarm wires...

If you're not already a registered member on the Alfa 145 forum then you will need to register first before you can view the post at the above link.

HTH :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming the same rubber grommet locations exist in the Boxer bulkhead as they do in the Twin Spark bulkhead then have a look at the following post which is a guide to running a stereo power cable from the engine bay into the car through the bulkhead. You can use the same route for your alarm wires...

If you're not already a registered member on the Alfa 145 forum then you will need to register first before you can view the post at the above link.

HTH :)
Thank you for your reply!!!
Unfortunately with the boxer engine they have placed the wholes in different positions. Tomorrow I will try to pass them through the whole that the tubes from the heating device uses.
If this is too difficult I will try to disassemble the pieces in the engine that covers the hole and force the cables. The problem with that hole that passes the wire of the engine release is that it has a big piece of metal that covers all the wires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally I found one hole at the right next to the air filter (it was there before but I missed it).
So the alarm is connected but I don't know where to connect the other wires.

My alarm is an Avital 3100 (here the installation manual) (it looks like viper alarm).
-Door check H1/5
Temporally I connected the door control to the front roof lamp, is there a better place? I am thinking of connecting at the check panel (5 wires connected with diodes).

-Door lock/unlock
I found at the web that; lock light blue-gry CDL and unlock white-gry CDL (gry means grey???) but how I connect them with the gry.
The alarm has options + lock - unlock or -lock + unlock, door lock pulse 0.8 sec or 3.5 sec, double pulse to lock or to unlock but I don't understand them.

-Trunk release H1/12
Grey/Black in the relay but I am not sure where exactly.

-Parking lights H1/2
blue & blue/black at steering column with diodes?

-Interior light illumination relay H1/4
I haven't found it yet but someone told me that he install it without relay.

Here are two photos of how my car look like, please help me with what to connect to.
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Thank you very much!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts