Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
The main flaw in this jape is that the FEMALES in our/any house would mash the buttons through the back of the remote before throwing it off the wall......before thinking to check the batteries.
My dad probably did all that. :)

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
This was a jape I pulled on my father many years ago, not known for his sense of humour.

His Saturdays were spent watching horse racing on TV, it used to be on several different channels if I remember correctly in the early '80s.

I called during a race, we sat there silently while the race took place and while he marked off his picks in the newspaper.

I swapped the batteries around in the remote and left, telling my mother what I'd done.

Apparently the air was blue until she told him what I'd done, then it was crimson.

Don't know how many races he missed but he wasn't very talkative next time I called, he took the remote to the toilet with him. :lol:
The main flaw in this jape is that the FEMALES in our/any house would mash the buttons through the back of the remote before throwing it off the wall......before thinking to check the batteries.
My dad probably did all that. :)

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
Put all the clocks in your house forward another hour?
(You could also set the locations on smartphones and computers to Europe so they'd be an hour ahead too.)

·
Administrator
45,539 Posts

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Some years ago the admin manager stuck a notice on the lift saying "Out of Order, works in downwards direction only". My desk waas in direct line of sight and it was amazing how many people read the notice and took the stairs.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts