Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not one of those sorts who normally plays pranks on other folk, but I quite fancy doing something this year with the family.

Have you any nice ideas for relatively painless April Fools jokes?

:driving:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I got my folks one year when I was living at home. They'd just bought a new Jaag and i pulled a long thread out of a strip of gaffer tape and stuck it down the side. I then burst in the door to tell them someone had keyed the car ( it looks very convincing). Yeah, that was a long time ago and i think they've forgiven me.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Chest clutching fake heart attack at breakfast? Always popular with the family that one.

(Also - as you hit the deck - open one eye and check out what MrsSIF is doing. Running to your side with concerned look? Good. Heading towards paperwork drawer to check insurance policy? Practical, but emotionally not so good. Hitching up skirt and doing small jig? Not good at all....)

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Take a walk in the fresh air and place squishy dog poo in random golf holes.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Chest clutching fake heart attack at breakfast? Always popular with the family that one.

(Also - as you hit the deck - open one eye and check out what MrsSIF is doing. Running to your side with concerned look? Good. Heading towards paperwork drawer to check insurance policy? Practical, but emotionally not so good. Hitching up skirt and getting ready for the postman? Not good at all....)
Yeah. That last one ain't good at all.

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
I go one better and curfew specific devices, 00:00 to 00:01 is the only time they're allowed.....you can see the WiFi, log-on with the correct password, but just can't connect to the web or linked devices...

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Go to Asda (or your choice of generic supermarket), Buy 3 or 4 trays of water, a massive pack of loo-roll, a tray or 5 of baked beans and a **** ton of over the counter medicine.

Then start applying tin foil to your under stairs cupboard and store the above in there.

Mention Brexit/Trump/Putin and just scare the poop out of everyone.

Announce that it was all a hoax, just before they all have an aneurysm.

Then carry on building the shelter :p

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
This was a jape I pulled on my father many years ago, not known for his sense of humour.

His Saturdays were spent watching horse racing on TV, it used to be on several different channels if I remember correctly in the early '80s.

I called during a race, we sat there silently while the race took place and while he marked off his picks in the newspaper.

I swapped the batteries around in the remote and left, telling my mother what I'd done.

Apparently the air was blue until she told him what I'd done, then it was crimson.

Don't know how many races he missed but he wasn't very talkative next time I called, he took the remote to the toilet with him. :lol:

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Be careful. There exist some area of the "jokes" to be avoided with your girlfriend to avoid unexpected "present" for next Christmas which is 9 months onwards from. Eventual emasculation makes possible to make any joke this way.
:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This was a jape I pulled on my father many years ago, not known for his sense of humour.

His Saturdays were spent watching horse racing on TV, it used to be on several different channels if I remember correctly in the early '80s.

I called during a race, we sat there silently while the race took place and while he marked off his picks in the newspaper.

I swapped the batteries around in the remote and left, telling my mother what I'd done.

Apparently the air was blue until she told him what I'd done, then it was crimson.

Don't know how many races he missed but he wasn't very talkative next time I called, he took the remote to the toilet with him. :lol:
The main flaw in this jape is that the FEMALES in our/any house would mash the buttons through the back of the remote before throwing it off the wall......before thinking to check the batteries.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts