• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
86,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to vote to pick the winner :thumbs:

Just a reminder, as with the AO COTY competition this is a fun competition but at the same time members have taken the time & effort to clean their cars, take pics & post them, so similar rules apply.

So please no vote rigging, organised campaigns, use of additional or multiple accounts, coercion, promoting membership for voting purposes or any other method to increase votes for one entrant, against the spirit of the competition.

Members encouraging others to vote for their car will be disqualified, members encouraging others to vote for other entrants may result in that entry being disqualified, so again vote for whichever entry you think deserves to win & let everyone else do the same.

Full list of rules here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/745785-monthly-detailing-competition-rules.html

..​

·
Administrator
86,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1. Jean_Luc Picard - White Punto

Cleaned my Abarth Grande Punto today, it needed the clean since it had got to the really grubby stage.

Again my procedure is a pretty simple wash, I did the alloys separate first using Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner and then pressure washer blasting it off and using my trusty muc-off brush for the finer details. Then wet the car and blasted the obvious dirt off. Then used my 1ltr snowfoam brass bottle attachment filled with cherry snowfoam, water and some Meguiars Gold Class shampoo on top. With that sprayed on and coated/settled, I then used my wash mitt glove and got the rest of the dirt off. Finally rinsed off and cleaned with my car towels.

Interior didn't need much, just a nice hoover.

That's it really, then it was just finding the best pose for the photos.
1 Jean_Luc Picard 1 White Punto.jpg 1 Jean_Luc Picard 2 White Punto.jpg 1 Jean_Luc Picard 3 White Punto.jpg

1 Jean_Luc Picard 4 White Punto.jpg 1 Jean_Luc Picard 5 White Punto.jpg 1 Jean_Luc Picard 6 White Punto.jpg

·
Administrator
86,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2. slaterk - Red Giulietta

cleaned my giulietta 2017 veloce in 8c red (photos don't do the colour justice on a sunny day!).

Wheels cleaned with chemical guys diablo and ezdetail brush, tailpipes with autosol.

Standard kkd snowfoam then kkd cherry wash with mitt, then used serious performance uber drying and detailing microfibre towel (the business) then zymol towel to dry and a microfibre cloth to buff. It has the williams f1 coat so doesn't need wax. Finally cleaned the windows with williams glass cleaner and the tyres with kkd tyresol.
2 slaterk 1 Red Giulietta.jpg 2 slaterk 2 Red Giulietta.jpg 2 slaterk 3 Red Giulietta.jpg

2 slaterk 4 Red Giulietta.jpg

·
Administrator
86,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3. keithyboy - Blue S type

Time for a 159,000 and a bit miles clean.

Washed with something from Home Bargains
Clayed with a clay mitt.
A once over with SRP
A once over with Autosmart Topaz
3 keithyboy 1 Blue S type.jpg 3 keithyboy 2 Blue S type.jpg 3 keithyboy 3 Blue S type.jpg

·
Administrator
86,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4. ALFA John - Black Brera

Washed all over with Auto Glym shampoo conditioner and rinsed off than applied Auto Glym Aqua Wax all over apart from the front windscreen that was cleaned with Auto Glym glass polish.
4 ALFA John 1 Black Brera.jpg 4 ALFA John 2 Black Brera.jpg 4 ALFA John 3 Black Brera.jpg

4 ALFA John 4 Black Brera.jpg

·
Administrator
86,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5. Dervandbenzina - Grey GT

Just a quick wipe-over was all that was required here such is my OCD when it comes to my GT.........
Mothers Carnauba wax and Simoniz colour polish alternately.
5 Dervandbenzina 1 Grey GT.jpg 5 Dervandbenzina 2 Grey GT.jpg 5 Dervandbenzina 3 Grey GT.jpg

·
Administrator
86,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's all the entries, get your vote in for whichever entry you think deserves to win :thumbs:

·
Administrator
86,834 Posts

·
Administrator
86,834 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cheers. My misses still thinks I'm obsessed as this happens (at least) every week. She's probably right but I don't care!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts