Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I took my test drive yesterday in the 147 1.6TS and 156 2.0JTS down in Gatwick.Unfortunately they could not find a car with the right interior/age etc that i wanted,why do Brunello red cars come with beige interior?I want a dark interior!!They also offered me a lot less for my part-ex than I would have liked :(

I pointed out I had seen this at VELOCES: ALFA ROMEO 156 2.0 JTS Veloce 1 4dr £10999.00 but the guy at gatwick was a bit suspect at the price :confused:

He did say to be careful it is not an import due to the warranty,and of course any recalls made by alfa would not filter down to me.Would this be true?

Naturally I dont want to lose out on a good deal so thought I would ask you guys and gals on here!

Thanks a lot,

Phil

S

·
0 Posts
That's tosh, all new European cars, regardless of origin, now come with a 3yr warranty (EU rules) and once you have had a service at an Alfa main dealer (for warranty preservation purposes), you do get recall notes through your local dealer. That has been the case for me, anyway. I got mine before the 3yr warranty rule, mine only had a 2yr warranty, but I bought the 3rd year from Alfa for 290 squids (just as well, that way you get new variator and stuff before it runs out). I'm sure you get 3 years now though. ;)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Which did you prefer? The 147 or the far superior 156? ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must admit I loved the 156 it felt so smooth,for want of a better word.Although the 147 was 1.6 I dont know if the 2.0 147 would have been better?

The drive was fantastic compared to my pokey a-class!Mind you that's not saying a lot!! :cheese:

The only thing that stopped us was the interior beige..yuk!

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean about the beige interior thing. Go for silver. Will definately have a dark interior.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
roswell said:
Yeah I know what you mean about the beige interior thing. Go for silver. Will definately have a dark interior.
Yeah thats what I am now leaning towards,off to Veloces then...

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
phillyb33 said:
Hi,

Unfortunately they could not find a car with the right interior/age etc that i wanted,why do Brunello red cars come with beige interior?I want a dark interior!!
Hi Phillyb33, my Brunello Red 156 (aka Sienna Red) has a black leather interior so they do exist - tho' they may be rare.

·
Registered
118 Posts
PhillyB, was this dealer at Gatwick, Sidlow's?

If so, they are in my experience, particularly poor at the car sales side of things, but much better on the service/knowledge side of things. One thing that they are consistant about is pricing, which seems to be high regardless of what ever you want.

If you are from the Sussex/Kent area I would recommend Thames Alfa (Franchised Dealers) at Tunbridge Wells for sales, or perhaps Monzasport at Cowfold (independant dealers), I've not used them myself but I have heard they are very knowledgable.

·
Registered
312 Posts
phillyb33 said:
Hi,

I pointed out I had seen this at VELOCES: ALFA ROMEO 156 2.0 JTS Veloce 1 4dr £10999.00 but the guy at gatwick was a bit suspect at the price :confused:

Phil
This could to be a car direct from Alfa UK; usually an ex-lease car. These tend to be cheaper than privately (cared for) owned cars.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The only thing that stopped us was the interior beige..yuk![/QUOTE]My 156 1.8 Veloce is in Metallic red (dark) & it has the black interior. Comes with the electric Recaro seats.
Worth having a word with your local Alfa dealer & telling him exactly what you are after & they can usually source it from another dealer for you. Thats what I did anyway.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Sillyspeed said:
That's tosh, all new European cars, regardless of origin, now come with a 3yr warranty (EU rules) and once you have had a service at an Alfa main dealer (for warranty preservation purposes), you do get recall notes through your local dealer. That has been the case for me, anyway. I got mine before the 3yr warranty rule, mine only had a 2yr warranty, but I bought the 3rd year from Alfa for 290 squids (just as well, that way you get new variator and stuff before it runs out). I'm sure you get 3 years now though. ;)
As far as I know an import will have a two year warranty as this is the manufacturer's warranty. The third year is a dealer warranty, which is less comprehensive than the manufacturer's but does cover the oily bits and the more expensive electrical items. I would imagine that if you buy an import you should be able to purchase an additional years warranty from a local dealer.

Jon

·
Registered
177 Posts
My car which is an import from Ireland (via Trade Sales), came i was told with only a one year Alfa warranty. I took the car straight to my local Alfa dealer (SGT) who told me it actually had 2 years Alfa, as the warranty was Pan European.
I had already bought an extra 2 years warrany from trade sales, so i ended up with 4 for the price of 3. I was happy anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts