Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided not to put this in the rant room, it is more curiosity than a rant. But I really wonder what the attraction is with apple stores :confused: Every time a new one opens there is complete madness, and people will queue for days at a store when the latest gadget comes out.

The other half decided to get an iPad so we went to the store at Bluewater. TBH we both found it rather unpleasant, packed with people coming in to have a play, loads of staff in blue shirts yet no real customer service.

We walked out at this point and were going to give up, but then I suddenly thought John Lewis must do them. We walked in, had a look and someone comes up asks if they can help. Hey presto we walk out with an iPad for the same price, but being John Lewis have a 2yr warranty with it too.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The attraction for me is that all the Apple products are on show and you can try them all out. I find the staff helpful when questioned, but not remotely pushy - they are happy to leave me to play. Having decided what I want, I usually go and buy from Amazon or Argos where there are much better deals available. :lol:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have this pleasure to come. I've never been in an apple store before but seems I might have to make the iLambs pilgrimage soon. I went to an O2 store to buy a new 4S but was told unless I wanted to sign up for a 24 month contract and pay for the privalage I'd have to go and buy one from apple. As I'm not likely to want to wait 2 weeks for delivery I'll probably get myself upto the bullring and pick one up when time allows.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Had a look once, still haven't figured what people were queuing for in the corner :confused:

·
Administrator
45,521 Posts
You want PAYG Hughes? Pretty sure Vodafone will happily supply a phone like that, and it hardly matters who you get it from if it's not being locked to a contract SIM anyway I think.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do bazza. Only because to buy a 32gb model is £599 from apple then on my current plan costs a tenner a month

To get the phone on a contract it's 35 a month (min 24 months) plus a huge 450 upfront.

Payg is a bigger outlay upfront, but suprisingly not that much more. In the long run I'd be about £400 better off.

The staff in the O2 shop told me it won't be available on payg from servicE providers until Easter.

I don't think vodaphones signal is all tht good where I live. Everyone round here seems to be on orange or O2

·
Administrator
45,521 Posts
Yeah, I know the argument for PAYG, nearly went that way myself. Since you'd mentioned O2, I assumed you wanted to use their network - but if you're buying sim free anyway, I thought you could still buy it from Vodafone - although I may be wrong about buying a PAYG one from them meaning you can simply replace the SIM once you've got it! Not an expert in these things!

Quick glance at their website - Black 32GB 4s is in stock for PAYG - £590. So, at the very least, it's worth looking around, as the shop staff were clearly talking guff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts