Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right,

i am seriously considering a macboom pro in the next 3 months mailnly for uni as i get a really good discount. Are they worth the money is my question,if yes why in your oppinion? or should i just stick with windows?

James

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Just do a search on here that have been loads of threads about this! :)

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
As you are a student you should also be entitled to 3 years apple care warranty free of charge too!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
really??? i hate that search button. i serched for ages coz i remember reading something before.

yeh and a free ipod

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Weird there have been loads of threads because I have posted in most of them :lol: but I can't seem to find them now either!

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Macbook Pro is a fantastic computer, very expensive but well worth it.
I currently have a Mac Pro 8 core which I use for my work (Audio) but have had 2 Macbook Pro's with no regrets.
I would never go back to Microsoft Windows but you can run both operating systems on a Mac.
What will you be running on it?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive been reading up on snow leopard, so im probably going to wait till thats out if i dont get itchy fingers and go and buy one soon . if i do ill pay the upgrade fee which isnt much.

im probably not going to run 2 os's, as i dont se ethe point. i have nothing on windows i cant use on a mac.

I am correct in saying that upgrading ram after doesnt void warrenty?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i hate powerpoint with a passion, ill find a way around it. uni computers if i must lol

N

·
0 Posts
i hate powerpoint with a passion, ill find a way around it. uni computers if i must lol
Everyone hates the PP.

Unfortunately it is deeply embedded in corporate life :(
so learning the PoS now could help you later in your career.
;)

(We used acetates when I started work. ;))

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know, thats the problem. no doubt ill get bored one night and decide to boot up windows,its gonna happen at some point.

just need to decide if mac is for me

·
Registered
132 Posts
I dont think upgrading the ram affects the warranty but the Macbook Pro comes standard with 4 gig so that should be enough for most users.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
What about the dreaded PowerPoint. :eek:
There is a more recent version of powerpoint for the mac than there is for windows ;)

If snow leopard is released when they say then if you got a mac book pro now it would be a drew upgrade anyway ;)

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
In our design studio we run both mac and PC's across network and to clients.

Create PPT, templates etc everything is fine as long as they are running PPT 2000 they you get PPT problems with transparent images etc...

Trust me things are a LOT simpler than they used to be. :)

J

·
0 Posts
What about the dreaded PowerPoint. :eek:
wate about powerpoint....

Office for Mac 2004 or 2008, both are excellent and compatible with windoze....

and i love powerpoint, and hate excel with a passion

N

·
0 Posts
Create PPT, templates etc everything is fine as long as they are running PPT 2000 they you get PPT problems with transparent images etc...
MS PP doesn't use "templates" any more.

I think they're now called "Themes" or some-such nonsense.

:)rolleyes:)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no doubt microsoft will have over complicated a very simple thing.
och i really dont know what to do, i need to go and have a play at an apple store. shame its 110 miles away, wheres the best place to look for any future hardware updates?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts