Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I'm not saying you're idiots but for god's sake, the technology is old, Biased and ******g unreliable, I run my own IT company and the amount of callouts I get because a Macbook has a Logic board failure, or the ******g iMac, You really do make me sick queueing up all night for the scent of a new ''ALL NEW REVOLUTIONARY'' product,
Time and time again I convert customers back to a pc, not because of Windows, but the reliability, Apple use lead solder which in the industry has a lower stress threshold, i've repaired macs that are only 13 months old because one of the chips has weakened due to poor heat dissipation. You could literally build a system twice the spec of a current iMac for around £500 then go to osx86, download the latest snow leopard disk and you have a reliable Hackintosh!
It's the same with ''Porsche design'' and ''Lacie'' the internals are bloody standard, same hard disk you get in any device but yet you go and pay for the bloody name!!!

Then you get the muppets who queue all night for the latest ShitePhone, the interface is annoying, no decent hardware buttons, you have to pay for most of the apps on the store, you need software to sync your tunes, Then there's the price, on eBay, they're currently selling at £700 for a vodafone locked 16gb version. Apple are benefitting from the poor, go and see the factories used to produce such rubbish pieces of tech. These ****s will cut any corners to make Billions, Steve Jobs wasn't the tech wizz of the company, he was the driving force, it was about the money, creating a stupid cloud over people's heads because they're soo easily pulled in. Apple seem to 'Renew' old technology to make a profit, It makes me bloody sick!
My phone incase you ask, is a dell streak, 5'' display, perfect for sat nav when visiting clients, Remote desktop over HSDPA when I need to do something while away from home, most of the apps are free, 2 days battery life if using 3G for callouts etc, It may not be the fastest now but at 1GHZ it's still pretty darn good!

End of rant guys, I'm awaiting the fanboys to crucify me now :p

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
:confused:....but they create lots of work for your company and keep you busy, so you aren't happy about that? I'm not an Apple or any IT fanboy btw but the implication is you have NO callouts or failures for PC products, is that right? We just seem to have a fair number of failures in laptops at work.

Just seeking a balance.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Here here brother ... (have you seen my Apple Store rant ???)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sorry, I'm not saying you're idiots but for god's sake, the technology is old, Biased and ******g unreliable, I run my own Car company and the amount of callouts I get because an Alfa has a cam belt failure, or the ******g wishbones, You really do make me sick queueing up all night for the scent of a new ''ALL NEW SEXY'' product,
Time and time again I convert customers back to an Audi, not because of driver appeal, but the reliability, Alfa use italian parts which in the industry has a lower stress threshold, i've repaired Alfas that are only 13 months old because of lack of oil. You could literally build a car twice as good as a current 159 by getting an Audi for around £5000 then go to a breakers, obtain a Busso v6 and you have a decent car!

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Lmao

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
My iPhone 4S turns up today actually.. I refused to bend over last year and be stuffed for an iPhone Tariff, so I bought the iPhone off network by selling my old phone and the brand new upgrade orange sent me, I then cut up my sim card and whacked it in the iPhone, then hey presto saved £250 :)

I have never queued for an apple product though. :)

I will say this though, my macbook pro has been the best laptop I have ever owned. Non of this usual slow down business after a year of ownership. I have owned it since January 2009 and it hasn't missed a beat, still lightening fast and when I had a problem with dust under the screen 2 months out of warranty apple replaced it free of charge for me. :thumbs: It's the afterservice which is superb. :)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I like my iPhone 4 :) I'm fully aware it's not technically the best-specced phone on the market, but it does do everything it does very nicely and cleanly. I'd prefer the 'nice' design of the iPhone to the less nice design of e.g. the Galaxy S.

And I know it's overpriced, too, but in the same way that I'm happy to pay a little more in servicing to drive a nice Alfa, I don't mind paying a little more to have a nice phone.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Alfa = Apple :lol: you have to be joking, if you're going to make a car analogy then

Audi = Apple
Overpriced, with a very good image, ultimately build quality not as good as ...

Skoda = PC
Bad image, however these days very good build quality and very reasonably priced

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Personally I'm glad Apple exists. I love my iPod (never had any problems with it at all), my daughter did once with hers that we had bought from M&S. The Apple Shop took it back and replaced it without question. It would not connect to the wireless at home. I was the ***** and not the iPod as it turned out :lol:

The company I work for sells our 'chips' to Apple. They are a major customer :thumbs:

Though my daughter and Ex have Mac books and me being a UNIX sys admin I have never used a Mac, not ever.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Alfa = Apple :lol: you have to be joking, if you're going to make a car analogy then

Audi = Apple
Overpriced, with a very good image, ultimately build quality not as good as ...

Skoda = PC
Bad image, however these days very good build quality and very reasonably priced
So, you're saying they're the same, since they're all part of VAG?

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
I will say this though, my macbook pro has been the best laptop I have ever owned. Non of this usual slow down business after a year of ownership. I have owned it since January 2009 and it hasn't missed a beat, still lightening fast and when I had a problem with dust under the screen 2 months out of warranty apple replaced it free of charge for me. :thumbs: It's the afterservice which is superb. :)
I am no fanboi - can't stand that sort of thing but I do have a 2006 maybe 2007 MacBook which is pretty faultless. I had the casing around the keyboard replaced for free a year ago but apart from that all is good with it.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
So, you're saying they're the same, since they're all part of VAG?

Well the underlying hardward for pc's / mac's are mostly the same, same CPU (intel) same hard drive, memory it's just the chassis (motherboard) and bodywork (case/screen) that are different ... so yes they share alot of common features just like the VAG cars ...

E

·
0 Posts
Interested about your point on solder as we have had exactly the opposite with non computer electronics here, as soon as they went from using lead based solder we had a lot of failures. Problems seems over come now though.

I ditched my iPhone the other month and am glad I did, cheaper contract for same deal and the phone was free. iPhone 4 (no S when I changed) would have bee £200 up front.

R

·
0 Posts
Yawn - heard it all a thousand times before mate. All Apple customers are sheep/thick/easily convinced etc etc

Boring old ******** frankly

Never had an Apple product fail on me and never felt the need to ring anyone, even one who gosh wow owns his own IT company !

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.