Alfa Romeo Forum banner
281 - 295 of 295 Posts
The eng custom one uses factory mic
Oh dearie me. Indeed their webpage states that. Apparently I still have room to improve my functional reading and market research skills :D.

The posts in this thread refer to the external mic though, ENG-Custom must've updated their module to support the internal mic then?

Oh dearie me. Indeed their webpage states that. Apparently I still have room to improve my functional reading and market research skills :D.

The posts in this thread refer to the external mic though, ENG-Custom must've updated their module to support the internal mic then?
Yeah the one they have sold since 2021 doesn’t need external mic. I haven’t actually bought it yet, it’s on preorder atm. Just done a lot of research haha

Hi all,

I am really interested in pulling the trigger on this, but wondering which unit I should buy. I was looking at this one which was over £350 for long enough and is now down to £208

What is the difference with this one?

I have a 2017 Giulia 2.2 TD 189 Speciale, is there anything I need to know or check before I buy one of these and do they both just install at the footwell? it looks an easy enough DIY job, but I just don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Thanks
Kevin

The aliexpress one you have to pay import tax possibly. I highly reccomend the eng custom one because it is the only one that doesn't require addtional mic (it uses the oem one). It was £310 delivered, and if you need help they respond quickly on whatsapp.

Motorised boot anybody?!?!

Motorised boot anybody?!?!

I was upset when I discovered my rear boot mat added 1kg of weight to my QV, not interested in adding several more kg's :LOL:

Top tip: don't let a workshop do proxy alignment to your car if you have the CarPlay module connected or it may be ruined.

Mine was the Integrated Automotive one but as far as I've understood, the Eng-Custom one is quite similar at it's core. Anyway, the proxy alignment will not succeed if the module is connected, as the multimedia system will not be recognized. And in addition – at least in my case it happened – the Carplay module will be bricked aka rendered useless. It does not work anymore. After reconnecting everything as it came from the factory, the proxy alignment went well, but the module itself is dead for good (and stuck on my head unit with some very good double sided tape...).

Top tip: don't let a workshop do proxy alignment to your car if you have the CarPlay module connected or it may be ruined.

Mine was the Integrated Automotive one but as far as I've understood, the Eng-Custom one is quite similar at it's core. Anyway, the proxy alignment will not succeed if the module is connected, as the multimedia system will not be recognized. And in addition – at least in my case it happened – the Carplay module will be bricked aka rendered useless. It does not work anymore. After reconnecting everything as it came from the factory, the proxy alignment went well, but the module itself is dead for good (and stuck on my head unit with some very good double sided tape...).
Do you know if the dealer does proxi allignment when doing service or when they reset the service warning? Need to do the 5th service soon

Has anybody bought the Limcet box discussed before? (which is this one) Thought I'd post this vid as the install instructions here must be pretty similar to most of these boxes. When your expensive box blows up, you can pick up one of these on the cheap :cool:

Has anybody bought the Limcet box discussed before? (which is this one) Thought I'd post this vid as the install instructions here must be pretty similar to most of these boxes. When your expensive box blows up, you can pick up one of these on the cheap :cool:

You gotta pay vat on aliexpress nowdays so that works out to be like £260, I'd rather pay the extra £50 and get the Eng custom one again, which doesn't need extra mic. And they respond to any questions on whatapps, also probably a headache to return to China if there's any problems.

281 - 295 of 295 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.