Alfa Romeo Forum banner
221 - 240 of 295 Posts
Got my Eng-custom unit yesterday, took 24 hours to get from Italy to Ireland.

Ye weren't lying when talking about being sore after installing it, working upside down in the foot well will do that to you.

Had an issue with Android Auto not starting, but they talked me through the factory settings on WhatsApp to fix it, very impressed with the support.

The widescreen Android Auto is great, and the integration is really good, I was worried it would be awkward looking over the existing system.

I read on an Italian forum that they're working on wireless Android Auto as an update too, I think.

I've just fitted the version with Android Auto Wireless, thanks to @Abucd4 for the tips - these helped. EngCustom also helped very promptly when the Block connector stumped me! At least for my version, some additional minor configuration was needed for Android Auto Wireless with a code from EngCustom. Overall I'm very happy so far, as others have said, the telephone audio quality is inferior to the stock system, but not a biggie. I've spotted a few other minor bugs (which in fairness could also be Android issues), but again nothing that isn't easily worked around. Overall, well worth the money and would recommend Eng Custom - the guy on support is very responsive (even well outside regular working hours).

I've just fitted the version with Android Auto Wireless, thanks to @Abucd4 for the tips - these helped. EngCustom also helped very promptly when the Block connector stumped me! At least for my version, some additional minor configuration was needed for Android Auto Wireless with a code from EngCustom. Overall I'm very happy so far, as others have said, the telephone audio quality is inferior to the stock system, but not a biggie. I've spotted a few other minor bugs (which in fairness could also be Android issues), but again nothing that isn't easily worked around. Overall, well worth the money and would recommend Eng Custom - the guy on support is very responsive (even well outside regular working hours).
You’re very welcome glad it helped!

how to upgrade to androidauto wireless
Thanks
they have put back the release date of the latest software update. You can get the updated from this Wednesday through their website by clicking on sw updates which you can see were I have marked on this screen shot & then put in your order no. To request the update

Attachments

Good day!
The update has come. I did everything according to the video instructions. Everything went according to plan) But at the end, when it was necessary to pull out a USB flash drive on this window - after removing it - it does not press on the window and does not react in any way to the control washer. ((

Good day!
The update has come. I did everything according to the video instructions. Everything went according to plan) But at the end, when it was necessary to pull out a USB flash drive on this window - after removing it - it does not press on the window and does not react in any way to the control washer. ((
View attachment 947548
Have you tried turning the car off & on, the reinstall the update?

I was tidying up my install and the foam insert in the pic below completely came away. The other end (unseen in the pic below) looks like it sleeves over something in the centre console (maybe an air vent ?), however, I can't see anything obvious to try to attach it to! Does anyone know?

I was tidying up my install and the foam insert in the pic below completely came away. The other end (unseen in the pic below) looks like it sleeves over something in the centre console (maybe an air vent ?), however, I can't see anything obvious to try to attach it to! Does anyone know?
View attachment 947709
if It’s the foam part I’m thinking of it’s meant to go back like the picture in M0t’s install guide in his post on page 3 of this thread

221 - 240 of 295 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.