Alfa Romeo Forum banner
201 - 220 of 295 Posts
Hi.
got the adapter from ENG Custom
But there is a question. What am I doing wrong? I connect the cables - large and purple video - turn on the car - black screen (
switches for your screen size checked
even the factory screen doesn't appear - everything is black
as soon as I change everything back, the screen starts working...

First, try disconnecting the battery for 10 seconds then reconnect. Turn on the ignition, wait 10 secs then start the engine. Do the steering reset (all the way left then all the way right) then turn off. Turn on engine and see what you have.
If that fails, contact Loan at Eng-Custom on the helpline number using WhatsApp with FaceTime so he can talk to you and see what you’ve done and what you can see. He is Italian but speaks excellent English, though not sure about Ukrainian. 😉 Good luck. Once you get it going, it’ll be worth it, I promise.

Have many people installed a camera with the Eng system? That's a feature I really want, but I'm not too keen on having a cheap looking non OEM camera.
you can use any ntsc camera with the modul, pioneer do one which is adjustable so you can get the perfect viewing angle. Ive just ordered a similar design one of eBay, I will let you know what it’s like once I have fitted it to the car. I’ve tried looking for a one that looks similar to the Orem camera but unfortunately the only I had found so far was completely the wrong viewing angle

you can use any ntsc camera with the modul, pioneer do one which is adjustable so you can get the perfect viewing angle. Ive just ordered a similar design one of eBay, I will let you know what it’s like once I have fitted it to the car. I’ve tried looking for a one that looks similar to the Orem camera but unfortunately the only I had found so far was completely the wrong viewing angle
Is tha fitting it to the main car connection? Or into the Eng system?

Just ordered my ENG unit. My 2018 Stelvio TI is getting ceramic coating on it this week. The wife wants to get rid of the car because it doesnt have apple carplay.... what waste! lol I have been talking with Alfa dealers trying to find out if they can install it OEM... no luck! Today i found the ENG adapter. I cant wait to get it installed! Thank you all for adding your helpful hints and etc here!

Does anyone in the group use the Alfaconnect bluetooth for phone calls only and use ENG for streaming music? I struggle to make this work.
When I deselect “Audio” from the Bluetooth options of the Alfa software and only select “Phone” everything works smoothly. However, if I turn off the car and go back in then the Alfa software connects to both “phone“ and “audio“ by default so I cannot stream music through CarPlay unless I disconnect “audio” from the Alfa software.
Any ideas please?
The reason I want to do it this way is that people cant hear me well when using the ENG mic during a call. ENG support suggested to move the mic to a different place from behind the rear view mirror to avoid noise coming from the windscreen. However this is involves having the mic visible which I don’t really like.

Hi, just purchased a March 2018 Stelvio Milano edition. Short story was told by the dealer it had apple car play but it doesn’t... its for my wife who has change from an Evoque.... Apple car play was a big tick for her and I want to try and resolve, for a quiet life if nothing else... searching on-line i came across the ENG-CUSTOM.... are there any checks I need to do before purchasing to confirm compatibility, and is there anyone who would give me a price to fit, i really wouldn’t know where to start, I live in Northampton but and would be happy to travel.....Many Thanks

I have just noted that there is a persistent Bluetooth connection to 'Limcet box', which i presume is the ENG module. This persists after ignition is cut, and my battery is drifting down alarmingly (to sub 20%). Anyone else notice this?

I have just noted that there is a persistent Bluetooth connection to 'Limcet box', which i presume is the ENG module. This persists after ignition is cut, and my battery is drifting down alarmingly (to sub 20%). Anyone else notice this?
I found the eng custom Bluetooth only stays on for about a minute after the ignition is switched off, I would contact their support tech he is really helpful

Hi, just purchased a March 2018 Stelvio Milano edition. Short story was told by the dealer it had apple car play but it doesn’t... its for my wife who has change from an Evoque.... Apple car play was a big tick for her and I want to try and resolve, for a quiet life if nothing else... searching on-line i came across the ENG-CUSTOM.... are there any checks I need to do before purchasing to confirm compatibility, and is there anyone who would give me a price to fit, i really wouldn’t know where to start, I live in Northampton but and would be happy to travel.....Many Thanks
I know its the same module for the stelvio as the giulia but just double check with them on Facebook they are very responsive

Hi Everybody, I am the proud owner of a Stelvio Speciale 2019 RHD. Unfortunately no Apple Carplay and I have been reading all the posts, they are all very informative, so thank you for posting. Thinking of buying one of the plug in boxes from eng Custom and get it done at my local car sound shop here in South Devon. The only two things that I'm really interested in are the music app and waze. I have a few question for those who intalled it. Is navigating the music app any different than using the infotainment system on the Stelvio or Giulia, in terms of Playlists, Albums, etc? How easy is it to swap between CarPlay and the original infotainment system, let's say to listen to the radio, and how is it done? Some say by pressing the menu controller but no sure. Can you see the volume and air condioning settings while on Carplay? In nwhich USB do you plug your phone and is the overall quality of calls acceptable? Many thanks

Hi Everybody, I am the proud owner of a Stelvio Speciale 2019 RHD. Unfortunately no Apple Carplay and I have been reading all the posts, they are all very informative, so thank you for posting. Thinking of buying one of the plug in boxes from eng Custom and get it done at my local car sound shop here in South Devon. The only two things that I'm really interested in are the music app and waze. I have a few question for those who intalled it. Is navigating the music app any different than using the infotainment system on the Stelvio or Giulia, in terms of Playlists, Albums, etc? How easy is it to swap between CarPlay and the original infotainment system, let's say to listen to the radio, and how is it done? Some say by pressing the menu controller but no sure. Can you see the volume and air condioning settings while on Carplay? In nwhich USB do you plug your phone and is the overall quality of calls acceptable? Many thanks
The music app is whatever platform you use e.g. Spotify, or Amazon music etc. This will play happily over Waze etc within carplay. You can still use the car system if you want.

if you want the actual car radio it’s radio sound or sat Nav sound as the carplay is effectively an aux feed. This isn’t a bad thing as I hate the nav interrupting the radio normally. You can use a radio app within carplay if this is an issue.

Switching between the two, just hold the menu button to get from carplay to car, or media>hold menu if going from car to carplay. You can see climate but not volume bizarrely.

Hope that helps

201 - 220 of 295 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.