Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Apple Carplay for 2017 model, we may just had a new option!

76K views 294 replies 63 participants last post by  DongleBerry 
Hope someone can help me out. I managed to upgrade the module to be able to use Android Wireless and it works like a charm. To connect to my S20 it needs to be able connect through BT first before the wifi connection is created. However, I only want to use Alfa Connect for telephone calls to be sure all other sound is muted when there's an incoming call. For example, when I'm listening to the radio on AC and meanwhile using AA the radio will not be muted when the module picks up an incoming call. Is there any way I can get the BT connections to only use Alfa Connect for phone?
And also, since using AA wireless when I try to listen to music/podcast/whatever from my phone through Alfa Connect there's no sound, although in the display I can see what's playing.. Any help very much appreciated!

Rob, I think the issue is that the ACP/AA only works when you set the default input media on Alfa side as Aux.

By the way, how did you get the upgrade? I emailed support and haven’t heard back from them on how to get it or install it. I’m an Apple user, but want the upgrade anyways.

lastly, I would lOve this module to use the stock microphones so it’s cleaner and clearer. It’s hard using the mic provided to get good quality call.
That's right, AA/ACP uses AUX and therefore I do not want to use the module for phonecalls. When I'm listening to something from the module through AUX and Alfa Connect gets a call everything gets muted so I can make the call without any disturbances, but when I'm using the module for my phone it cannot mute any output from Alfa Connect (like the navigation) so the call constantly get's interrupted by the nice lady telling me which way to go.. ;) So what I want is the module just to connect to BT (otherwise there's no AA), but nothing else.

I got the update from this thread Wireless Android Auto / CarPlay - ENG Custom post #7

The mic quality is another reason why I only want to use Alfa Connect for phone calls..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.