Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Apple Carplay for 2017 model, we may just had a new option!

76K views 294 replies 63 participants last post by  DongleBerry 
I've just fitted the version with Android Auto Wireless, thanks to @Abucd4 for the tips - these helped. EngCustom also helped very promptly when the Block connector stumped me! At least for my version, some additional minor configuration was needed for Android Auto Wireless with a code from EngCustom. Overall I'm very happy so far, as others have said, the telephone audio quality is inferior to the stock system, but not a biggie. I've spotted a few other minor bugs (which in fairness could also be Android issues), but again nothing that isn't easily worked around. Overall, well worth the money and would recommend Eng Custom - the guy on support is very responsive (even well outside regular working hours).

I was tidying up my install and the foam insert in the pic below completely came away. The other end (unseen in the pic below) looks like it sleeves over something in the centre console (maybe an air vent ?), however, I can't see anything obvious to try to attach it to! Does anyone know?

Hey all,

I am contemplating purchasing Eng-Custom, since V2 is out and firmware has now wireless AA auto I can skip running usb to centre console during install, please correct me if I am wrong?

Thanks
You don't have to, but it isn't that hard to do! I've AA set to wireless and mirroring set to wired, I don't think you can have both set to wireless, so you'll have to change settings on the fly if you want to use both with wireless only.

Does anyone else's unit crash (freeze, not reboot), when you get multiple notifications or provide it with successive inputs (e.g. hitting next track a few times) using Android Auto? Mine does occasionally, I can live with it if it's a general issue either with the unit or AA (I think AA is a bit flaky in general) ... but wondered if it was just me!?

Are you getting power from the module's USB? I replaced the USB connection near the cupholders as well but I am not getting power from it and I cannot play music from USB stick from it, so I am thinking about reconnecting the original Alfa USB...
No, no power on the USB, I use streaming services, so not an issue for me.

My eng module is due on Thursday. Any top tips?
Does the phone still use the stock Alfa system or does it flip over onto the module? I don’t fancy having a mic wart poking out of the pillar :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It uses its own system, you can setup your phone to use the stock Alfa system, although I had one or two issues with this, so reverted to the ENG mic. I put the mic poking out near the bonnet release - seems to work ok for me, although there are some posts complaining about its quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.