Amstrads and Speccy's were the order of the day for the :cool: kids

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HST: Boooo Hisssss!!!!

:p

:lol:

(Real reason: 6502/6510 = :cool: Z80 = :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
They won't even allow Flash plugins for the browser, so a huge slice of the web doesn't display properly :rolleyes:. iPhone: great interface but massively overhyped, underspecced & overpriced!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Little known fact: Modern Macs (with EFI) rely on the old DOS FAT32 file system to start up.
Just done a data recovery on a recent sata disk, and was surprised to find a hidden FAT32 partition which loads the start up code.

It seems that they do not like USB external drives over 127GB, XP is OK on 250GB, both have 4GB max file size.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
OI!!!

I done my Machine Code programming course using Z80 Assembler. :tut:

Not that I'm old obviously... OK I'll shut up now. :( :lol:
I was one of the few who understood why it was suggested that Clive Sinclair called his tricycle C5. C5 is the well known? Z80 instruction "push BC". Just to prove he knew nothing about the Z80.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Little known fact: Modern Macs (with EFI) rely on the old DOS FAT32 file system to start up.
Just done a data recovery on a recent sata disk, and was surprised to find a hidden FAT32 partition which loads the start up code.

It seems that they do not like USB external drives over 127GB, XP is OK on 250GB, both have 4GB max file size.
Interesting about the FAT partition. I recently replaced a hard drive in a Mac after the Apple store quoted £400 for it to be repaired. 1 £30 sata drive later and it was good as new. I think they call that the Apple Tax :)

4gb file size limit doesn't apply to NTFS partitions.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
They won't even allow Flash plugins for the browser, so a huge slice of the web doesn't display properly :rolleyes:. iPhone: great interface but massively overhyped, underspecced & overpriced!
Finally, someone who agrees with me! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts