Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is response from Alfa after an ongoing complaint for three years after I put some issues on here. I have also copied by response. This Company is an utter joke

Case Reference: 33794158

Re: Alfa Romeo Guilietta DY11 ***

Dear Ms Richardson,

Further to my earlier email to you sent on Monday 2nd June, I promised to respond by today in full.

Firstly, I would like to apologise once again for your overall experience with your Alfa Romeo Guilietta since taking ownership three years ago. I realise that the experience you have had with both the product and the service you have received has not met with your complete expectations. This is certainly disappointing and I am grateful that you took time to bring this matter to our attention.

I understand that you have suffered multiple concerns with your vehicle and I confirm that I have had the opportunity to view all job sheets as provided by Guests, Willenhall.

I note your request for you to be provided with a copy of your case history. In order for us to arrange this there is an administration fee of £12. Upon receipt of payment, I can arrange to send you the case history.

With regards to an extended warranty, this can only be administered when a vehicle is still within its three year warranty period. I note that your warranty expired on 4th March 2014 and if not arranged already, then regrettably we will be unable to add an extended warranty to your vehicle or assist towards the cost of any third party extended warranty. However, I am open to considering some form of goodwill gesture for you once your vehicle is fully repaired.

Following your contact with our Customer Services Centre, you have advised that you were not satisfied with their intervention and handling of your concerns. I will pass on your feedback in this regard. It is important that I confirm for you that all calls into the centre are not recorded due to Italian laws currently in place which prohibit this.

You are a loyal Alfa Romeo customer and I want to restore your faith and confidence in our brand once more by helping move this situation forward for you. You have confirmed that the only outstanding concern on your vehicle now are the rattles. I would be happy to pay for one hours diagnosis for this concern to be looked into as a gesture, in order to allow Guests or indeed your chosen Alfa Romeo dealership another opportunity to inspect and confirm their findings to us.

I am happy to send you copies of the job sheets, which I have received from Guests for your perusal should you require these. In the meantime, as you are not available to be contacted by phone, please can you give me an indication of dates which are convenient for you to bring your vehicle into an Alfa Romeo dealership for inspection and which dealership you would like to use.

For a list of all our Alfa Romeo dealerships please feel free to visit our website at: Alfa Romeo: Official Site | Explore the New Car Range | Alfa Romeo UK and click on dealer locator.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Kind Regards

Pam Kaur

Directors Office

My response:

Thank you for your response. Apologies for delay in responding, however, I have been away on holiday and then away on a course.
I have never had such a condescending response to genuine concerns where a Company still refuses to take ownership and accountability for your product.
Your response opens with an apology for our three years of continued hassle, but unfortunately, this does not go any way to compensating us for the continued hassle and inconvenience which no customer buying a new car at a retail price of £29,000 should be subjected to.
In your 2nd paragraph you make reference to reviewing all job sheets from Alfa Guests Willenhall. I emailed you some time ago, and pointed out that for the first 12 months of ownership we were dealing with Alfa Budgens at Shrewsbury where they failed to addressed the constant rattle issues which was the driver for changing dealership to see if they had any better diagnosis skills. Clearly not.

I am at a loss to understand why I should have to pay an administration fee to obtain a copy of our case history. This case is only still outstanding because of the lack of ownership and failure to resolve the issues. This only re-iterates your appaulling customer care standards.
In your 4th paragraph you make reference to only being able to extend a warranty when a vehicle is still within the standard 3 year warranty period. Apologies for pointing out the obvious, but I approached Alfa about extending the Warranty well over 12 months ago when the vehicle was still in warranty. Now that this has expired you are conveniently failing to offer an extension of warranty which I would expect as common courtesy.
Given you are delivering a service in the UK to british customers, then it maybe would be advisable to have a Customer Relations Team run by british employees who can understand a customer concerns and whereby you do not have any bizarre laws restricting call recording to which would bear out the appaulling lack of customer care skills and understanding that you are subjecting your UK customers to.

Paragraph 6. I was a loyal Alfa customer and how do you think you will restore our faith and confidence on your brand by sending such a pathetic response. There are still remaining issues that you have pointed out and a car that worries us without having warranty. By way of a gesture your willing to pay for 1 hours diagnosis by a dealership of our choice. Even if that hour of diagnosis was costing Alfa £150.00 that is irrelevant to us as the point is that it has been in at least a 20 times if not more, it has had the dashboard removed 3 times and the car has been in for days at a time before so why prey tell do you believe that paying for one hours diagnosis will resolve these issues which have been present for 3 years. You must know something that we don’t.
You should be paying for all diagnosis costs and also be compensating for the amount of hours we have been without this vehicle which costs us £400.00 per month.
I am available to be contacted by telephone, however, I cannot take calls during my working day unless on lunch so guess what, we always then incurred costs ringing your Customer Contact Centre only to have a meaningless conversation that was not recorded and failed to resolve any issues. Therefore, no point in having any telephone conversations especially if I end up with the response you have sent in your email of 6th June 2014.
Perhaps you could refer this directly to the Director who may be interested in the level of service being offered to your customers.
Please contact me once you have managed to find an acceptable resolution which suits our needs and expectations.

Lisa Richardson

·
Registered
759 Posts
Lisa, Unfortunately, I know your problems only too well.

I am amazed however that you managed to get anything in writing from ARUK, so well done on that front at least.

I was asked to accept a repaired car with no guarantee of workmanship by ARUK/FIATUK and was presented with a waiver letter to sign on arrival.
No guesses where I wished to place the aforementioned item.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have to say that my experience with 'Amanda' in Italy was totally different when I successfully rejected a Alfa red mito a few years ago for stone chips. I really enjoyed our weekly exchange on the weather outside our windows -she usually had the better weather and although the matter dragged on far longer than it should have I was left with no bad feeling 4 alfas later. Incidentally, my first G rattled, after 4000 miles it was like every screw holding the dash fell out and after a few dealer attempts to fix it I bought a new one........ Which is far better and in a different league.

·
Registered
38,758 Posts
I've had discussions with Alfa people in both the UK and Arese and if you manage to get hold of them and vice-versa they are quite helpful and achieve some continuity with an issue . A lady in Italy explained to me that they let the phone ring as many times as possible but they are monitored to see if they appear busy or not. The UK staff have been very attentive when listening to issues and following up when dealers have used incorrect oil at service ,twice now .

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have to say that my experience with 'Amanda' in Italy was totally different when I successfully rejected a Alfa red mito a few years ago for stone chips. I really enjoyed our weekly exchange on the weather outside our windows -she usually had the better weather and although the matter dragged on far longer than it should have I was left with no bad feeling 4 alfas later. Incidentally, my first G rattled, after 4000 miles it was like every screw holding the dash fell out and after a few dealer attempts to fix it I bought a new one........ Which is far better and in a different league.
I've dealt with Amanda a couple of times myself she's nothing short of superb, and a lovely person which helps! She's one of the reasons I stuck with Alfa!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Both in Italy and the UK, I have found the customer service team/s to be the obstructive of any group of people I have ever come across and an absolute disgrace to the term. I was continually led up blind alleys and was the victim of continual lying and contradiction. Dealing with them, was one of the most stressful and infuriating experiences I have ever come across.
After almost a year of heartache resulted as I said earlier, in a request to sign away my right to a guarantee of workmanship.
How deplorable is that?

·
Registered
38,758 Posts
I suspect some people with a more abrupt manner , and one word answers to questions , find it more difficult to communicate by phone with people like Amanda.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I suspect some people with a more abrupt manner , and one word answers to questions , find it more difficult to communicate by phone with people like Amanda.
Its typical of you to go round trying to provoke people down to your level.
I suggest you stop trolling my opinions and commenting on matters you know nothing about.
If I have taken the decision to put the matter behind me, by not naming names, dates, times and details of what was discussed, well that's my prerogative. You will just have to use the small area of your brain that functions normally, to fill in the gaps.
Lastly and most importantly, don't you ever give an opinion on me or anyone else on here without an ounce of knowledge of the person your talking about.
You weren't privy to the incident and you never will be.
I seriously suggest you put a sock in it, you have already overstepped the mark.
I await my apology.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I had the same with ARUK with a mito that I was trying to reject, and did but only thanks to the MD of the dealership where I bought it. I had loads of problems from day 1 and culminated in the engine going pop! Even then they wanted to put a recon engine in a brand new car. They the guy who was dealing with my case was nice enough I just felt like he was just the puppet and had no influence over the final decision

·
Registered
759 Posts
I had the same with ARUK with a mito that I was trying to reject, and did but only thanks to the MD of the dealership where I bought it. I had loads of problems from day 1 and culminated in the engine going pop! Even then they wanted to put a recon engine in a brand new car. They the guy who was dealing with my case was nice enough I just felt like he was just the puppet and had no influence over the final decision
Yes, its very difficult to speak to someone in authority.
I was told by one customer service member, that she had no supervisor, no manager and was answerable to no one.
When I did research the two supervisors names, both were always absent at the same time, either on holiday or sickness and then ultimately had left the company.
I don't take kindly to being lied to, so I found it incredibly infuriating.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Best comment i ever had from any car manufacturer was ARUK.

Got through to the technical department only to be told by the person on the other end "i'm not a technically minded person"

At that point i gave up !

·
Registered
100 Posts
Best comment i ever had from any car manufacturer was ARUK.

Got through to the technical department only to be told by the person on the other end "i'm not a technically minded person"

At that point i gave up !
:lol: Classic.

It's a bit like when I called Audi customers services when I read about faulty Siemen injectors and was told - "no sir, there is no recall on this item, but they are faulty, take it to you're nearest dealer and we'll fix it"!! (EH!! they knew they had a design fault, were prepared to fix it, yet did not advise any owners unless they found out for themselves:confused:)

·
Registered
759 Posts
When my local Alfa franchise was unable to repair my car, I was advised by Customer Service to visit an alternative one in Surrey who they assured me, could.
When asked who would foot the travelling expenses, I was promptly told it was not the responsibility of ARUK but my own.
Under normal circumstances, one has to agree, but when your local(1hour) can't do it and ARUK except this, to the point of suggesting an alternative and the alternative is 5 hours away, I think common sense and fair play should be a factor.
Unfortunately, it wasn't.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I emailed ARUK a couple of months ago. I was then called by a guy in Italy. He gave me a load of waffle and excuses and did not help me one iota. I mentioned this forum to him and he said that they review it daily to help imrove their customer service and rectify any issues or concerns customers have. I told him they weren't doing a very good job of that either..............

·
Registered
399 Posts
Having purchased over 20 main dealer supplied cars in the last six/seven years new and second hand I have experienced varying levels of customer service. I am surprised by the hostility on the thread as everyone has different experiences with the same person let alone manufacturer. The worst I had was with Lexus and I am sure that would surprise a lot of people. Just because one person has a satisfactory outcome does not mean another will and should not be judged if they feel aggrieved................

·
Registered
759 Posts
Having purchased over 20 main dealer supplied cars in the last six/seven years new and second hand I have experienced varying levels of customer service. I am surprised by the hostility on the thread as everyone has different experiences with the same person let alone manufacturer. The worst I had was with Lexus and I am sure that would surprise a lot of people. Just because one person has a satisfactory outcome does not mean another will and should not be judged if they feel aggrieved................
Well said, sir

1 - 20 of 60 Posts