Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Appalling paint quality

777 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Top Down
One day old, two big stone chips! Half a dozen in the first week. :rant: absolutely disgraceful!

What do the dealers say? "It's just the modern paints, sir, nothing we can do about it" but they'll probably charge for excessive chips at the end of the lease.:rant:

No, not me or an Alfa. I've been listening to my mate moaning all week at work about the new BMW 320 M-Sport he took delivery of last week.:) every day he finds another couple. I'm not laughing at him really.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,274 Posts
I looked at a 12 month old E90 M3 at the local dealers and the front end looked like a map of the galaxy, the chips were so bad. All the wheels were corroding around the central hub as well. Seems to be the curse of modern cars.

· Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
8,478 Posts
Couple of years ago Alfa Romeo paid for an 80% repaint on my 159SW. The classy body shop who did the job told me they have Audi owners in there in tears with as many stone chips as the Alfa Romeos but Audi would not cover the repaint cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.