Alfa Romeo Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts
Discussion starter · #63 ·
It is probably the only puntuation doodah with dual use but it's not actually that hard to learn how to do it right. The problem, as with spelling, is that people don't think it's important so they can't be arsed to learn.

I didn't do very well, I shan't publish my score.

:eek:

Do I get points for including two apostrophe's though? :D

Discussion starter · #68 ·
There are degrees of wrongness. Use of might and may and suchlike really doesn't matter in my view because it has no impact on the reader's understanding.

There are degrees of wrongness. Use of might and may and suchlike really doesn't matter in my view because it has no impact on the reader's understanding.
Agree with dat!!.. There's a system of basic neurological understanding, your brain can fill in the gaps.. Take codecs for a specific audio formats, your brain also fills in for missing pieces of information.

There's being a moron grammatically, like "Waz' ups' INIT, yo fo sh!z" and oops I placed a piece of grammar in the incorrect format.

Somebody mistyping something doesn't bother me, when someone intentionally types like there being hit with a two by four whilst intoxicated and on fire (To try and look cool). That's when I automatically think moron.

* they're

(sorry, couldn't resist it)
That means they are, which in context would be wrong.

Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. It can never be used as a modifier, only as a subject (who or what does the action) and verb (the action itself).

Hurry up! They're closing the mall at six tonight!
I'm glad that they're so nice to new students here.

FYI 'The Literate' is a social group on this forum.

Equip yourself with some background knowledge before launching personal attacks.
So let me get this straight, you want me to arm myself with knowledge about a small group in a small forum dedicated to spelling and grammar? :cheese:

Apologies, whilst my manor as a northern monkey is sometimes left to be desired. It's not intended as a personal attack, more of a don't be an ass about it :D.. Or I may have completely misread and apologies for that.

P.S This is why I belong in the git list.

Don't worry about it. :)

It's the Literate, not the Illuminati...

(In any case, I'll wager I'm more Northern than you are, and if I had a quid for every b*ll*cking I've had at work for being what I like to call 'honest with people' I would have an 8C by now)

Don't worry about it. :)

It's the Literate, not the Illuminati...

(In any case, I'll wager I'm more Northern than you are, and if I had a quid for every b*ll*cking I've had at work for being what I like to call 'honest with people' I would have an 8C by now)
Ha, same here. Some times I'm oblivious to what I say :)..

Have a good weekend.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.