Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday 12th July, we will be holding a Family Picnic (weather permitting :))

All Alfaowners, their family and friends are welcome.

The destination will once again be;

The Big Meadow, Honeybourne Road, Bidford-on-Avon, Warwickshire. B50 4BG.

The big meadow is a large recreation ground alongside the river Avon.
It allows us to park on the grass so we can picnic right by the cars.
There's loads of space for fun and games or just quiet walks along the river.
There are toilet facilities, a playground area for the under 14's and a skate park type area for the more adventurous.
Please Note: a £2-50 per car for the day parking fee applies.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have only posted this as a West Midlands event but if anybody from any other region wishes to join in then they are most welcome.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Will check whether we're free that weekend. Hope the weather is kinder this year and we'll finally get down to meet you :thumbs:,

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It's on our calendar :happy:

Fingers crossed for better weather than last year's monsoon; one thing's for sure, it can't be worse!

Cheers,
Simon

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,678 Posts
I've gone and double booked. Going to see Noel Gallagher in Manchester on the Saturday night, I won't be in any fit state to drive anywhere before midday on the Sunday

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Perhaps our local reporter Simon_S can keep us up to date with what's happening?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
:yikes: I'll keep you posted. Even if the bridge is closed, Big Meadow can be reached from the other side; it's not too much of a diversion via Welford and Barton, we often have to do it when there's flooding. It may also be possible to park in Bidford and walk across the bridge so it's not the end for the picnic!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The bridge looks badly damaged and repairs are expected to take months :depressed: It's reopened for pedestrians and cycles only. No problems getting to Big Meadow from south of the Avon though :happy:

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Our man on the scene Simon is going to give me an update, will decide nearer the date.

Last year the weather this year a farmer, maybe it's not suppose to happen :-(

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Latest news on Bidford bridge here

There's no chance of the bridge being open for vehicles in time for the picnic but it's almost certain to be open for pedestrians so parking in Bidford village and walking to Big Meadow will be an option. Otherwise, there's no effect on anyone coming from the Evesham or Broadway directions; from the north you're best off heading for Welford on Avon to cross the river then head through Barton towards Bidford. It shouldn't be a big problem for us :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.