Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AOWM – Members Introduce Yourself

As the newly appointed rep for the West Midlands region I have been looking at what regular features we here in the West Midlands have compared to what other regions have (Apologies to OP of these threads for nicking your ideas) and noticed that we do not have a ‘Members, Introduce Yourself’ thread so I thought I’d start one and see if we can get some info flowing.

So let me start;

Hi my name is Les and I’m an Alfaholic.
I first became aware of Alfaowner when Shusky (aka Sue, my wife of 33 years) bought her Alfa Red Mito 155TB back in February 2009.
I then joined in my own right when I got my White GT SE in June 2010.
We have been regular attendees at the WM & SWARM Meets since Feb 2009.
We have also attended many other Regional and National meets since joining.
We even went to Milan for the Centenary weekend (sadly by plane not car though!)
I took early retirement/redundancy after working as a Mechanical Engineer at Cadbury’s for over 35 years and now have a little part time job in a Stationary Shop by Birmingham University.
I am blessed with two children (1 of each) and three grandchildren.

Over to you...

G

·
Hi lee here, wifes on here as well, Andrea, bought a mito in 09, liked it so much wife traded in an insignia for a brera, im 43 and only been driving for 4 years!! so not bad for a second car. Never been into cars until i got the damn mito, now we are both bitten by the alfa bug, lol.Although i think i should have the brera and the mrs can have my mito lol!!
Have only been to one meet at simpyalfas but will try to get up the fountain one night soon,
Been married for 13 ish years, ex royal navy, served on HMS arrow and HMS sheffield, mainly guns and missiles, Am now in the fire service and work in the local area. 2 kids, 4 cats, and a hamster.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Good idea

Andy, 44, on my second GTV V6
Married to Sarah for 8 years, son Noah 4 1/2 who is a big a car nut as I am
Live in Telford and not yet got to a monthly meeting
Work in the motor industry and fortunate enough to drive cars long before they go on sale (so long as they are Toyotas or Lexus)
Have a mint condition BMW E36 328i Sport as well - make for an interesting pairing
OCD when it comes to car cleanliness

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Robert :tut: you students ah, read it properly! - "Sue, my wife of 33 years", and yes she was a child bride :cheese:

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well hello both of you and welcome to AOWM enjoy the ride, also check out the WMMeet at the Fountain and come along if you can.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Hi, I'm Dave ( obvious really) 21 years old :) and I'm on my second Alfa. The first being a nuvola blue 156 V6 with full bodykit and now due to having 2 kids I've just purchased a practical 2002 156 V6 sportwagon after returning from owning a JDM twin turbo Subaru legacy.
I attend the wm owners night at the fountain having attended the very first meet at the swallows nest many years ago.
I am a quality engineer for a local engineering company for whom I've worked @ for 17 years.
( oh sod it that's found my little white lie out about being 21 now.)
I've been on many Alfa meets including NAD, BIAMF etc and also I was one of the 200+ that got in the guiness book of records for the biggest convoy of Alfa Romeos a couple years back in Epsom.
Hope to meet more of you at future meets.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi,my names Graham,I am 44 and a carpenter by trade,I am a petrolhead whose been into italian cars since passing my test,started off with Fiat 131s twincams (4 off) then into Alfa 75s
(8 off).I currently have 3 black 3.0 v6 Cloverleaf Veloces that are mothballed at the moment,just occassionally started,as my own little collection,2 of them have veloces bodykits and the other an evolution kit,you can see the photos under 75 MILANO.Daily drive is a Land Rover Defender TD5 110 Hardtop.Went to the Fountain last night,just to see what would turn up,spoke to a couple of guys,and was impressed,did not stop for food though,maybe next time.
Thanks.(also had a 155 v6 widebody).

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Graham,

Good to meet you and have a brief chat last night.
You missed the classic which arrived after you left, check out the pics in the Meet & Events Images.
Hope last night got you back into the mood for AO and don't make it your last visit to the Fountain.
The Chilli, rice and fresh crusty bread was very nice, you missed a second treat.

·
Registered
38,261 Posts
Keith
Old
Knackered
Shrewsbury (miles from owt)
WOT-a-holic
156v6 (gone)
Spider
SW GTA (broken)
Do stuff on a Weds so hard to get to the meet
Dilapidated house, so always working at weekends
Keep hinting about a SA breakfast meet ;)

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Hi all,
still waiting for my 159, sometime 'back end' of this week, so hope to be able to pop along to a meet sometime.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts