Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is only August, but there is only something like 100 shopping days before Xmas :eek:

Last years event was fantastic, a combination of great event, good food and brilliant company ensured the night was one that was remembered by those who were there.

The venue is the Barnstaple hotel

http://www.brend-hotels.co.uk/TheBarnstaple/Home.cfm

Info on the christmas dates:
http://christmaswithbrendhotels.co.uk/north-devon-hotels/the-barnstaple-hotel/christmas-parties.ashx

THE BARNSTAPLE HOTEL CHRISTMAS CARVERY PARTY MENU
Choose from a mouthwatering selection of up to fifteen different items including our own Homemade Pate, Melon Cocktail, Coleslaw, Potato Salad, Egg Mayonnaise, Rice Salad and Pasta Salad
-------------------------------
THE CARVERY
The Barnstaple Hors d’ Oeuvres Table
Succulent hand carved Roasted Silverside of Beef , Roasted Devonshire Turkey
all served with Yorkshire Puddings, Sage and Onion Seasoning, Chipolata Sausage, Gravy and Relevant Sauces
-------------------------------
Homemade Nut Roast, Red Wine Gravy or Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni with a Parmesan Cheese Sauce
All main courses are served with the following
Vegetables and Potatoes: Orange Glazed Carrots, Buttered Brussel Sprouts, Cauliflower Mornay, Buttered Petit Pois, Minted New and Roasted Potatoes.
------------------------------
SWEETS
Indulge yourself in our mouthwatering homemade desserts which include
Fresh Fruit Salad and Devon Clotted Cream, Chestnut, Vanilla and White Chocolate Torte, Belgium Chocolate and Cappuccino Gateau finished with
Chocolate Truffles, Almond, Mincemeat and Amaretto Tart.
------------------------------
Freshly brewed filter Coffee served with Cream and Minted Chocolate

the price - £29 per head[/QUOTE]

I am going to run this the same way that we did last year, which was:

The booking will be in the name of Alfaowner, but you will pay your deposit to the hotel directly, it is a lot easier than paying a 3rd party and then relying on them paying the hotel, last year they were really accommodating, some of the guys paying right at the last minute.

Partners/friends are more than welcome, even if they have never been to an event before from experience no one is a stranger at these events ;)

You then pay the balance on arrival, or if you wish when you make the booking, i did that last year and was so relieved that i only had to find money for the beer.

Please can i ask that you only put yourself down as YES on the RSVP once you have paid your deposit.

No doubt Tess and i will do some nagging in the meantime :D

Look forward to seeing you there and celebrating Xmas AO style

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
go on then..i'll force myself:p

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
so is it too early to book it now?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well done Tess.....looks like she has paid up :doh:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
oops:cheese:

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
no, i would have done it myself but i have no money currently....

they are taking bookings as of now
all done, struck while the iron was hot so to speak :lol:

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
you better all turn up now :laffin:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i'll be there.......cant pass an opportunity to pick on jay all night can i??:cheese:

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
yikes, is it that time already!

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
As long as we can get a baby sitter we will be there again :)

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
im all paid...bring it on:lol:

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
thank god, that's 2 of us then :laffin:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
typical, the organiser hasnt stumped yet:cheese:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right....i am going to start pushing this one as we only have until 14th of november.

Tess, i will be paying next week deary, don't doubt the organiser please :tut: :D

Last year was well worth it, it would be great to see some of you guys from the SW

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i never doubted you hunny bunny.....cmon guys......lets have a ripping xmas....:lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well i have spoken to the hotel........They are no longer taking deposits as they are now fully booked

Stu, can you confirm if you are coming mate? would be great to see you and Lisa again

1 - 20 of 40 Posts