Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, lets give the man a proper send off.....

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where will you be staying ?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
It is close to Melrose.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
*from under a rock.

Who is Jethro Broner and where is he going?:depressed:

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Now that's what happens when you obsess about speed...Instead of distance...Dargle to Dargle :biglaugh:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, what are the logistics ? What time ?

My suggestion, we make it 10:00 meet at New road, going North on the highway..... from there we get onto the N1 towards Centurion, take the N14 and drive to Gilroys.....
This gives us some driving (not too much) as well as an opportunity to have a beer and some brunch and a good chat.....

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
So, what are the logistics ? What time ?

My suggestion, we make it 10:00 meet at New road, going North on the highway..... from there we get onto the N1 towards Centurion, take the N14 and drive to Gilroys.....
This gives us some driving (not too much) as well as an opportunity to have a beer and some brunch and a good chat.....
Yes - very much in favour of this idea - just two amendments: Gilroys opens at 11:00, so we should depart at 10:30, and lets stay off the highway to avoid tolls: Meet at the Shell (New Road and 6th Ave), using Lever Rd down to Olifantsfontein Rd to the N14 avoids said toll and is shorter (distance and time)

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool.... Agreed. Meet at Shell at 10:30

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Cool.... Agreed. Meet at Shell at 10:30
I'll be in Waverley, which is near Sandton, I think.
One the man of the moment confirms, I'll make the booking :thumbs:

Hey Jethro - from where you are, it is straight North on M1, that becomes the N1 - New Road Off ramp to the left and Shell will be on your left - You get 30 free etoll triggers while visiting ;)
EDIT: this route will not even trigger 1 gate :D

https://goo.gl/maps/ewT6Z

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Gilroys are booked full a few weeks in advance for Sundays :cry:

I made a reservation at Beer House for Alfa Club - I suggest we still do the meet at Shell and drive down New Road, Left R55, Right Main road, Right Witkoppen, Beerhouse on your right, just before William Nicol.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Gilroys are booked full a few weeks in advance for Sundays :cry:

I made a reservation at Beer House for Alfa Club - I suggest we still do the meet at Shell and drive down New Road, Left R55, Right Main road, Right Witkoppen, Beerhouse on your right, just before William Nicol.
Cool sounds good. I'm coming from the other side of the world (East Rand) but my new engine needs some mileage. So I will cruise through Edenvale and basicilly do the Gilroy's route in reverse. Then arrive at Shell and do any required adjustments and repairs (if needed :cheese:).

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I will probably join in the GTA

1 - 20 of 32 Posts