Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
10,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Auto Italia italian car concours and show will be held in its usual place at Stanford Hall near Lutterworth on Sunday 3rd June this year :)

http://www.auto-italia.net/events.asp

Its always a good day out full of lots of pretty cars and Fiats too. You can pay on the gate and its £12 entry.

I am going but unfortunately not travelling down with AONW as i am in Cardiff on the Saturday for some rugby game so i'll be coming up from South Wales :D

Usual plan is to meet up at Lymm truckstop services on the M6/M56 interchange from 8am onwards with a view to leaving around 8.30, aiming to be at Stanford for between 10 and 10.30, taking in the M6 toll on the way. It is of course the only deristricted part of the motorway network (so i have been wrongly told, so behave :p)

Who is up for a top quality day out then? Lets be having ya :D

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
I'd put a yes to the RSPV if there was one :p

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Certainly interested. Not sure yet on it all though. I am at Tatton on the Saturday and probably the Monday.
Spoken to one or two folk about Stanford. Will decide a little nearer the time.

·
Registered
10,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is one ****ed up thread :lol:

How is my name on it as the 'leader/thread starter, all i did was reply to the original then got messages about post removals.....:lol:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I really.want to go to this but with a beer festival on the Fri and tatton park on the sat I've got to do family type things on the Sunday.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,505 Posts
How is my name on it as the 'leader/thread starter, all i did was reply to the original then got messages about post removals.....:lol:
I broke it trying to change my thread into an rsvp one, didnt work so i merged everything and then one thread vanished without a trace :eek:

Dunno why you are thread starter though when its my post at the top :confused:

·
Registered
10,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I broke it trying to change my thread into an rsvp one, didnt work so i merged everything and then one thread vanished without a trace :eek:

Dunno why you are thread starter though when its my post at the top :confused:

I'm special..:thumbs:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I had forgotten the dates if I'm honest (I do that a lot outside of work, unfortunately) and had just done the usual nodding "yes dear, of course dear" response weeks ago to having a bit of a stopover and day at Alton Towers for Thomas who has never been. And no, I don't know why we can't just drive there and back on the day either but I just go with the flow and have a lot fewer arguments as a result! ;)

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Think one of my posts may have been lost in the thread merge. There is a chap I know from elsewhere that I am going to try to meet up with. He lives in Derby but currently neither of us are 100% what car we are using. Would like to keep in with you lot too but just not sure if that is possible just yet.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Hi chaps, enjoyed this one last year. Am i thinking of the right event, did all the Alfa's meet in a Travel Lodge style car park just round the corner before all driving in together ??

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,505 Posts
There doesnt seem to be one really, theres no main event thread and no other regions have convoy details or even look like they are attending :(

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Thats a shame, i seem to remember about 20/30 cars meeting before driving in. Was thinking of goin and making my way straight down rather than popping across to lancashire then heading down. Could obviously meet up with guys when inside unless you fancy meeting ouside and driving in/parking together.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
I'm starting to get all excited :D

Should I pack a Hamper of homemade goodies, sossij rolls, quiche and beer :confused:

I always make too much and I like to share :thumbs:

and I hate AL's hockey puck bergers :vomit:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts