Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about if we meet up on 11th February for a meet, run out and some breakfast comestibles?

I'm open to suggestions on the where......but my thinking was it would be early so we can make the most of the day afterwards etc. (fitting in football etc.).

(I know I set a 4 Feb meet yesterday - wasn't thinking - probs need another week to get this sorted)

So.....if you have a problem with the motor you want to talk about, or just want to point and chatter, then why not?

:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,298 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I suspect we'll need a plan B in case it's still a bit parky up top..............

if the weather and roads are ok (i.e. safe) then I wondered about meeting at Toft Hill then heading up and across to Stanhope, up to Blanchland-ish, maybe take in a Reservoir for a photo-opportunity and then back to Tow Law for a pork dip. Couple of hours driving.

Entirely dependent on weather, of course.

If the weather is gash, how about bacon somewhere then bomb up to Seaburn/Whitburn for some posing in the motors and some iffy scran?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Is there any white stuff forecast for the weekend? We were promised heavy snow up here last weekend and got nowt worse than a hard frost.

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was trying to get everyone met up by say 9am, so's we can all get home by noon-ish if poss, then the memsahibs won't complain too much, like.

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry, might end up going to York on Saturday with the family will keep you posted.
Ive changed to a maybe. :eek:
Well, have a good time with them if you do.

York is smashing. I recommend wearing a stetson - have you got one? (why am I even asking, course you have one) - and talking loudly in a brash, American accent.

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The weather forecast seems to be suggesting that this cold snap is around until Sunday into Monday. Friday night into Saturday morning is supposed to be definitely freezing again, which I would suggest means that it's perhaps a bit iffy to be trolling around the 'tops'. Possibly just asking for trouble. What do others think?

Do we just wrap up warm, meet up and talk cars and rubbish for an hour or should we postpone in the hope that we get some nicer weather a week or two on and then have a more spirited run out? Open to ideas.

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just walked out of work, thought "good, the rain will wash the ice away"

black ice everywhere

go steady folk - lets postpone and not risk a nasty end to a nice breakfast

will be back soon with another plan!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.