Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now then hear this :D

The AO Big Family Picnic BBQ is a multi regional event and is taking place on the 7th July at The Big Meadow, Honeybourne Road, Bidford-on-Avon, Warwickshire B50 4BG (near to Stratford-upon-Avon)

About 70 mile drive 1hr 20 mins ... ish :eek: .. A leisurely 9.30am start I reckon ;)

The main event details can be found here ...http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/west-midlands/371536-the-ao-big-family-picnic-and-bbq.html

Please RSVP in the main event thread as well as this convoy thread so organisers have an idea of people attending.

Lets hope the weather is kind and hot :cool:

·
Premium Member
42,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well....

I'll add further details re: convoy from where etc nearer the time .... most probably from the Cherry Tree pub ;)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Same date as Auto Italia at Stanford??

Tapatalk from Galaxy S2

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm thinking of leaving just after lunch to go to Stanford.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I noticed Stanford is now a classic car show with all Marques not just Italian. A bit disappointed, I might join you wallowing next to the trough Bradders. Talking of stuffing our faces, when we doing breakfast?

·
Premium Member
42,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed Stanford is now a classic car show with all Marques not just Italian. A bit disappointed, I might join you wallowing next to the trough Bradders. Talking of stuffing our faces, when we doing breakfast?
Good question is that :thumbs:

... and the answer.... not sure yet :eek: .. work is keeping me very busy ;)

·
Premium Member
42,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anymore takers for this??

:)

·
Registered
381 Posts
De65 6dx.

I'll add further details re: convoy from where etc nearer the time .... most probably from the Cherry Tree pub ;)
is that the Cherry Tree at DE65 6DX ?

We are looking at staying over near Melton Mowbray as will be at a gig there on the Saturday night ... given there's only us, Bradders & GTV Blue who replied Yes & 2 of us are "Can meet you on the way down somewhere" ...

- how about a meet point near Leicester Forest East Services ? ;)

·
Premium Member
42,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is that the Cherry Tree at DE65 6DX ?

We are looking at staying over near Melton Mowbray as will be at a gig there on the Saturday night ... given there's only us, Bradders & GTV Blue who replied Yes & 2 of us are "Can meet you on the way down somewhere" ...

- how about a meet point near Leicester Forest East Services ? ;)
Leicester Forest East services sounds ok for me :thumbs: ... what time you looking at? ... and not too early :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Meet @ The Mill on the Soar - 10am?

Leicester Forest East services sounds ok for me :thumbs: ... what time you looking at? ... and not too early :eek: :lol:

GTV_Blue LFE Services good for me too
Will be a late one on Saturday for us so was wondering, if, rather than go back on ourselves, could we meet you at the hotel - as it's on the way from LFE - please?

The Mill on the Soar is situated close to the Midlands motorway network just ten minutes from the M69 and junction 21 of the M1.

From the M1 leave the motorway at junction 21 and follow the signs towards Leicester. At the first major roundabout (Fosse Park) take the B4114 towards Narborough.

The Hotel is situated on the left hand side, 3 miles beyond Narborough, just after the junction with the B581.

Travelling on the M69, leave the motorway at junction 1 and take the A5 southbound. Leave the A5 after 1.5 miles and follow the B4114 through Sharnford.

The hotel is approximately 4 miles along this road on the right side.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I know it well, only down the road from me. We could go down the Fosse way; I used to use that route to Land Rover at Gaydon, it takes about 45mins to Gaydon so just over and hour to Stratford. A bit longer than the M-way but much nicer route.

Bradders will be coming South; take J21 Bradders, stay left and go past The Hilton, keep left and follow filter to the left. 300yds move across to right and look for signs B4114 Whetstone, Enderby & Narborough, you'll be going right. Stay on this road for about 5 miles until you come to a crossroads with Shell station 100yds on the right, Mill on the Soar is on the left.

·
Registered
381 Posts
See you there

I know it well, only down the road from me. We could go down the Fosse way; I used to use that route to Land Rover at Gaydon, it takes about 45mins to Gaydon so just over and hour to Stratford. A bit longer than the M-way but much nicer route.

Bradders will be coming South; take J21 Bradders, stay left and go past The Hilton, keep left and follow filter to the left. 300yds move across to right and look for signs B4114 Whetstone, Enderby & Narborough, you'll be going right. Stay on this road for about 5 miles until you come to a crossroads with Shell station 100yds on the right, Mill on the Soar is on the left.
Nice one guys, see you Sunday :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts