Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got one of these, slightly used, to go with my new ( to me ) PC. Very disappointed with it.

Spent hours trying to get the colour/contrast/brightness right without really getting the display much better. Unless you sit directly in front of it, here on AO the Grey Skin has a greenish tinge, unless as I said, you are really directly front and level with it. Yes, I've wasted hours on the Gamma adjustments, wasted in two ways, 1. Not much improvement & 2. after being switched off overnight the display reverts to whatever it wants ?????

When set on Clear Text, using Win 7, reading text on most sites gives me a headache.

And the Aspect Ratio is crud. On widescreen everything is severely stretched horizontally, bit better but still not right on 4:3., horrible display.

Anyone any suggestions before I fine tune it with a lump hammer ?

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

Using VGA connection, all OK. I'm sure there is no fault as such, it's just a poor display. There are so many possible adjustments for the colour and it depends on what mode you set it to, such as " Internet," " Games " etc etc but none of them look very good to me. Besides that I don't want to spend time every time I switch it on to set the darn thing up.

I've used colour set up devices in a previous life whilst working in a TV Studio environment and I agree that they work very well, but I don't really want to have to do this, especially on a Monitor that cost me less than £40. ( I think I now know why it was so cheap. )

I could perhaps spent some time setting up the Luminance and Chrominance to get an acceptable display but what I can't live with is the Aspect Ratio distortion and I'm stuck at what to do with this. Downloaded a new set of Drivers which made no difference at all. Could be looking at binning this and trying another Monitor but it won't be a LED one, if this one is typical of how they perform.

Perhaps I could stretch my eyes horizontally to match the display..... ? :wow:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solved the Aspect Ratio problem by up dating the Graphics Card drivers, looks OK now.

Set up the Monitor, again, and the chroma is OK now but still needs a very direct straight view to make them look 100% correct.

It'll do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts