Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long time coming but JonSpiderMan and myself are finally setting about hosting another legendary weekend tour of the greatest country on earth :)

To be held on the weekend of Saturday May 28th and Sunday May 29th. Routes and hopefully satnav itinerary files are being worked on and will be published when finalised but we will stick to the usual landmarks throughout the weekend. Saturday will see the tour take in the North of the country while Sunday will be held in the south. You can look forward to the routes including the A55 tunnels, the Evo triangle and other passes in the north, while the south is likely to include the Black Mountains as featured in many episodes of car related shows.

We hope the chosen dates are suitable for as many people as possible, we looked long and hard at possible date clashes with other events and found nothing, the weekend seems to be free so drag yourself, your t'other half and don't forget your wheels*

Saturday route as per link below, this is subject to subtle changes but gives a good guideline to begin with
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/5...4e1!1m1!4e1!1m1!4e1!1m1!4e1!1m1!4e1!3e0?hl=en

Hotel details for Friday night if required as this will be the start point for Saturday morning
http://www.holidayinnchesterwest.co.uk/

Hotel details for Saturday night if required, this will be the start point for Sunday morning
http://www.expressnewport.co.uk/

Route for Sunday's Run

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/5...4884,-3.7245561,9.79z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0?hl=en

We will be providing ITN files for those, who have TomTom's with the route preprogrammed, also if you have two way PMR Radio's

Gaz and Jon
Regional Support Team

*Other marques are welcome, but we reserve the right to take the **** :p

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Very interested. I can't see anything in my 'car' dates calendar that would take preference over this.
Will confirm soon. I assume it includes a stop over somewhere on the Saturday night.

·
63,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed it is Bry, the one that never materialised! :lol:

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
We wanna go. I'll change my preference to 'Yes'

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Not sure if i have a stag do that weekend but if not i'll try my best to go.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Thanks for posting up gaz! Am starting to put routes together, as gaz says this will cover some of th best driving roads we can find, including the fabled Eco triangle but there are some lesser known roads which are fantastic, more details and meet points and hotels to follow

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi,

I'd be interested in something like this if possible.

What are your plans for saturday night? Hotel/camping/etc? :)

·
63,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hotels will be linked soon once routes and itineraries are finalised. More than likely will be starting from the Holiday Inn, Chester West on the A55, should you wish to stay there on the Friday night. Saturday night on previous events has been spent at the Holiday Inn Express in Newport, not far from the M4. This is likely to be the same this year but will confirm as soon as the southern route for Sunday is done as we are looking at mixing it up and starting elsewhere for a change

You're more than welcome to join us, keep your eye in here for updates :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm up for it - just waiting for a date on another event for the classic landy to check it isnt the same weekend.

Also assuming the alfa is still going... just had it back from the garage I bought it from - had it 2 days and the exhaust fell off lol.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
It isn't until now that I realise what I've done. :mope:

Which is ironic, because I'd probably not make it anyway. :paperbag:
Hasn't it ventured as far as Wales already? Go on.

I want to go. I hope I can convert that to "we".

1 - 20 of 112 Posts