Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Round one)

Ill try and keep adding until everything is covered - Feel free to join in. If i think its a rubbish tip I might say so ;)

When typing out your post using quick reply, when you have finished typing, simply press "Alt & S" to post your reply without having to go and get your mouse :cool:

The above images (hard to see in this post using the modern skin) can be found when typing out a new post/thread. If pressed they will undo or redo your text just like Microsoft Word does.

How do I change my "What You Driving" information?
This question and answer has been asked lots of times over the years.
Simply go to your user CP/Profile and click Edit Profile, there you can change it or simply click here to edit it now!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
:rolleyes: Can you once again explain how to post links properly. I saw this once before:) , kept the link, learned how to do it:D then forgot:cry:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Thanks, but I know that bit.
Some posts don't advertise the web address, and any text can be the link. How is that done?

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts
ally said:
Some posts don't advertise the web address, and any text can be the link. How is that done?
If you want people to be able to click on a word/sentence and be directed to a link, here is how you can do it.

a. write out the word/sentence you wish
b. select it with either the mouse or by pressing the "shift" button and moving on it with the arrow keys.
c. once the text has been selected click on the icon on top of the message box that looks like the Earth with a little chain at the bottom.
d. A pop-up box will appear.
e. Type out the URL on the pop-up box.

:)

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts
No probs Kev. Once you've identified the post, right click on such post's Number Count (on the top right of the post's text box), displayed with a hash (#) before it.

This shows the unique URL to such post and you can easily copy the URL and add it to your new post.

So here is a link to an interesting post ... :D

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts
BTW, may I add you can do the same using the Permalink's URL (just next to the post number reference).

I personally like it better as not only it points you to the right post within a thread, but by opening the whole thread allows users to post a reply (although I do appreciate this way it is more resource intensive and as such more time consuming).

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whilst viewing a post, if you want to get to the top of the page without scrolling, simply press the
little red arrow that is next to the post number & permalink and this will take you straight to the top of the page you are viewing :)

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The button on the left is found on the home page here if pressed, it will take you to the very last post on the thread. I was amazed last year when people said they didnt know that.

AO

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
BigFoot said:
If you want people to be able to click on a word/sentence and be directed to a link, here is how you can do it.

a. write out the word/sentence you wish
b. select it with either the mouse or by pressing the "shift" button and moving on it with the arrow keys.
c. once the text has been selected click on the icon on top of the message box that looks like the Earth with a little chain at the bottom.
d. A pop-up box will appear.
e. Type out the URL on the pop-up box.

:)
Let me test this out

news

Ahh, it does indeed work, thanks BF :)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts